Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Latvala is Papa Wilson's meal ticket for next season. He may be happy to have a "budget" No 2 driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MW has an invested interest in Tanak, so maybe he is trying to force Fords hand by sending him to Var, and trying to make him the obvious choice for 2nd driver, but listening to the irally MW interview, his stranglehold over having ultimate decision for driven selection is under threat in a new MSport/Ford contract. I've nothing against Tanak by the way, and is probably pick of young drivers, but don't think he'll be a WRC Champ is any less than 5 years, if everything goes his way.

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Tänak has great future, but without a doubt it is too early for him to be Ford´s second works driver. If Ford is going to take Drivers or Manufacturers title in the near future it has to happen during the season 2012. The car is now almost on the same level than Citroen and Latvala has the speed and experience to fight with Loeb.
    Almost everything about World Rallying
    Rally Paradise
    http://drive.to/rally

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Things looks good for Tänak at the moment, but like history shows there is still a million things that can go wrong.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    I think too much is being made of the D-Mack tyre. Not enough is known to make assessment here on whether he would have been faster, better, cleaner, on Michellin's. The fact that Tanak lost speed toward the end of long stages could simply be a concentration issue. He wouldn't be the first.
    Yes, you never know. I was brave enough to make this statement because he has been usually faster at the end of stages with S2000 car. Now he was clearly slower. Maybe WRC is so much more demanding? I dont know.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Now we can compear him with Latvala. Both running on same tyres.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    There was some romours in Estonian press yesterday that Malcom fill hire Tänak when he cant hire Ogier. Ogier is with WV now, so Tänak and Latvala are teammates for 2012 season?

Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    Snow and ice in Rallye du Var? Last year they had a little bit of snow, and that melted almost instantly...
    You misunderstood, I said "no snow and ice (usually)" which is exactly what you just wrote.
    Perhaps I should've said "Good practice for RMC, without snow and ice"

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfan+
    There was some romours in Estonian press yesterday that Malcom fill hire Tänak when he cant hire Ogier. Ogier is with WV now, so Tänak and Latvala are teammates for 2012 season?
    The thing that bewilders me in these speculations is: what about Mads Østberg? He's the same age as Tänak, but more experienced and already more accomplished in a WRC car. Why wouldn't Ford choose him to partner Latvala?

As an Estonian, I'd like to see Tänak in a works car very much, but to be honest, I think it might be a little too early for him.

Tanak is under contract and Mads is just a customer, no? Maybe D-Mack will be a factor?