Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Liked 290 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    There are 3 different issues:
    1. Competition ban which you are mentioning is for FIA or rally organizer (Rally Estonia did ban him). And this is what Tanak was asked about.

Last year there were different levels of hiding him, sometimes he was skipped by WRC+ broadcasts, sometimes not even listed in results/tracking, a few times business as usual.

For Skoda there are 2:
    2. Not letting him get the new car, especially as one of the first. Sure if it was half a year after introduction and tons of cars sold it could be difficult, but now in first WRC start with very few cars I can totally see they could keep him from getting it. Either directly or with some excuses.
    Note that when he won Sardinia last year nobody cared, cause it was little visible rally with tons of retirements and a car which is everywhere. So delaying when he gets new car would work.

3. Making sure he is less likely to be the fastest Skoda, for example by nominatig Solberg or getting another driver. But that's very indirect and less certain to work. Cais getting the new car helps.

It is off topic now, but how do you take conversation with 6+ people to PMs I wonder.

Then it is possible to create a new thread named "Nikolai Grjazin" if one isnt made already

2. Likes: cali (17th January 2023),Eli (17th January 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    I do not get why all Russians on this planet must be responsible for something their president is doing...

Nevertheless, this thread is about Ott, do not hijack it please.

4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (17th January 2023),becher (17th January 2023),WRC1 (17th January 2023)
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    I do not get why all Russians on this planet must be responsible for something their president is doing...
    Thank you!!!

For others, a constructive reply. As a disclaimer: I'm not Gryazin's fan at all, but the ridiculous statements just make me furious, because people connect culture/art to politics again, making a blanket responsibility for the actions of the regime.
    1) It's not Kremlin what you see on the helmet, i.e. not the government stronghold.
    2) At best, it's Saint Basil's Cathedral, an official UNESCO World Heritage Site and a symbol of orthodox culture for over 5 centuries.
    3) Even that is quite stretched, because the outlines on the helmet don't copy it exactly, and it's rather just symbolizes the orthodox architecture style, easily recognized by the very peculiar dome shapes.
    For avoidance of doubt, and regardless of the current church division, orthodox belief and architecture style is also the same in Ukraine and several other slavic countries.

So as someone else earlier gave an example of Afganistan: blaming Gryazin for using outlines of an orthodox church on his helmet (which is obviously part of the culture) is like banning the use of crescent on the helmets of all muslim drivers only because of some terrorists.

Be more tolerant, please. After all, the motorsport (and sport in general) should unite despite the politics.

6. Likes: becher (17th January 2023),WRC1 (17th January 2023)
    Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    And all this shit on Tanaks thread?
    Good job folks

8. Likes: cali (17th January 2023),EstWRC (17th January 2023),flat_right (17th January 2023),Rallyest (17th January 2023)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    https://www.is.fi/ralli/art-2000009332808.html

So how about this, Timo Jouhki reveals he tried to sign Tänak in 2010. Just before signing the proposed 10-year contract with Jouhki, Tänak asked if he could review the conditions together with Markko Märtin. Jouhki was fine with that approach, but obviously there was something Märtin and Tänak didn't like as no deal was ever made. Jouhki had even negotiated a SWRC program for 2011 with M-Sport, but admits that Tänak eventually managed to get a similar program on his own.

Jouhki didn't like the way the Toyota exit was handled (I guess few did) and believes Tänak would have more than just one title by now had he stayed with TGR.

That's an interesting question, just how many more titles would Tänak have, had he signed with Don Timo in 2010?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    He probably would have more titles by staying in Toyota, that can be claimed with some certainty.

But speculating what would have happened if he signed different manager in 2010 is completely pointless.

It's not like everyone Joukhi signs gets a title either. More like everyone he signed between Makinen and Rovanpera failed one way or another.
    Hirvonen was close multiple times, even though his Subaru start was a disaster (like Tanaks MSport start). Latvala was never close (Neuville was much closer 3 times already) and Suninen didn't even win a rally (yet?).

11. Likes: cali (18th January 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    https://www.is.fi/ralli/art-2000009332808.html

So how about this, Timo Jouhki reveals he tried to sign Tänak in 2010.
    I'm quite sure I've heard this story earlier.

13. Likes: cali (18th January 2023)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I have mentioned this couple of times in this forum, maybe from there

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I have missed that part where Märtin has been attacking Jouhki in Estonian media. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 18th January 2023 at 08:24.

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I have missed that part where Märtin has been attacking Jouhki in Estonian media. Can anyone please enlighten me?
    I don't know anything about "attacking" but here is one article where Märtin talks about it

https://sport.delfi.ee/artikkel/8815...ja-palju-valet

17. Likes: cali (18th January 2023)