Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I was disapointed with Tänak, i have to say. Judging by his speed in the S2000 last year, i expected him to challenge for stage wins. (on the real stages)

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    I agree with you J.Lindstroem after loads of people seemed to want him in the Ford factory seat alongside JML. I thought that maybe I'd missed something and that he was a much better driver than I had thought myself.

It seemed I was right (along with many others) and they were wrong! Where are the people who said Tanak should be in the official Ford team now? Probably the same people who say Petter has been too slow so far...

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Guy is no worse then Latvala at this stage of carrier. When remember those tears in Germany and all crashes, this bloke is not bad. But he can wipe a** to Ogier.

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    dont be in a rush to make conclusions.There are so many thinks that can be wrong.Wait and be patience with youngsters.We ll see at more rallies for safe conclusions.
    i ve said it again,s2000 cars are more human for a good driver,wrc cars are not ''human'' for everybody.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    If he'll have budget to compete in 10 years plan, he could be winner.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    I agree with you J.Lindstroem after loads of people seemed to want him in the Ford factory seat alongside JML. I thought that maybe I'd missed something and that he was a much better driver than I had thought myself.

It seemed I was right (along with many others) and they were wrong! Where are the people who said Tanak should be in the official Ford team now? Probably the same people who say Petter has been too slow so far...
    My thoughts exactly, he is a very good driver, just not ready for a factory seat when theres JML, Petter, Loeb and Hirvonen.
    But the futures bright for Tanak I am sure, good things may take a while, but they will follow!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    he came to final twice,once he lost,and other time was winner,but decided to give the trophy to another competitor cause he started after dark.
    Nice story.

In real, he managed the best time in the 1995 finale but failed to impress the jury by his lack of consistency. In 1996, although dominating the series he spun in the last round in the finale and was disqualified.
    Markku Alén, 1978 World Champion

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karukera
    Nice story.

In real, he managed the best time in the 1995 finale but failed to impress the jury by his lack of consistency. In 1996, although dominating the series he spun in the last round in the finale and was disqualified.
    nice story?

That was in 1995, Sebastien was 21 and he needed 100 francs (almost £10) to enter for the race. So he scraped his pennies together and won the regional selection as well as the final of Le Castellet but his closest opponent, who started the event after dark was declared winner.
    In 1996, he failed the final again. But he didn't mind, Sebastien was sure of his skills but the hardest part was still to be done : he had to find the money to try to start a career.

Site officiel de Sébastien Loeb - Sébastien

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I think Tänak is promising driver. He IS very young as you've mentioned, why won't we give him time.
    Another Flying Finn

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    I think Tänak is promising driver. He IS very young as you've mentioned, why won't we give him time.
    Like till the end of first stage in Mexico?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.