Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 185
  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,427
    Like
    107
    Liked 553 Times in 268 Posts
    Times have changed
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

  2. #162
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,109
    Like
    1,935
    Liked 1,962 Times in 899 Posts
    Kankkunen won on his first full season in 1986

  3. Likes: pantealex (13th June 2018)
  4. #163
    Senior Member Gregor-y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    943
    Like
    154
    Liked 68 Times in 42 Posts
    As did Gronholm in 2000. Makinen had the grace to wait a year but Finns really do throw the curve.

    Auriol started appearing for more than half of WRC events in 89 and he took five years. 94 was the first year he ran a full schedule, though.

  5. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    739
    Like
    2,749
    Liked 324 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    As did Gronholm in 2000. Makinen had the grace to wait a year but Finns really do throw the curve.

    Auriol started appearing for more than half of WRC events in 89 and he took five years. 94 was the first year he ran a full schedule, though.
    Oh boy... Discounting skipped events due to injury withdrawals and the like, Latvala is on his tenth full season now, right?

  6. #165
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    500
    Like
    0
    Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Oh boy... Discounting skipped events due to injury withdrawals and the like, Latvala is on his tenth full season now, right?
    He was cought in Loeb/Ogier domination. At least one time he could be WDC if those two french fries wouldn't be around. Now he have a lot of bad luck and maybe he try too much, I don't know.

  7. Likes: sonnybobiche (15th June 2018)
  8. #166
    Senior Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    425
    Like
    335
    Liked 507 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    He was cought in Loeb/Ogier domination. At least one time he could be WDC if those two french fries wouldn't be around.
    Similar to Hirvonen, so close to being a champion but he was up against Loeb.

  9. Likes: Gregor-y (13th June 2018),pantealex (13th June 2018),sonnybobiche (15th June 2018)
  10. #167
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    4,626
    Like
    1,948
    Liked 3,831 Times in 1,636 Posts
    Tänak has had more complicated career than some others.

    Maybe you dont remember but he was dropped after 2012 and came back to the big league in 2015. I know that Tänak considers 2015 more as the beginning of his WRC career.
    "Some famous quote from some famous person"

  11. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    2,230
    Like
    7,405
    Liked 803 Times in 393 Posts
    You just can´t blame CAR for all those 55 points. Hard to which are totally lost because of car but those last 2points from Sardinia late-check 100% not.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  12. Likes: AnttiL (13th June 2018)
  13. #169
    Senior Member Sso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    112
    Like
    58
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    You just can´t blame CAR for all those 55 points. Hard to which are totally lost because of car but those last 2points from Sardinia late-check 100% not.
    Missed this one earlier, can someone give a short summary?

  14. #170
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    500
    Like
    0
    Liked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Tänak has had more complicated career than some others.

    Maybe you dont remember but he was dropped after 2012 and came back to the big league in 2015. I know that Tänak considers 2015 more as the beginning of his WRC career.
    True but still think that Mikkelsen case after 2016 was more complicated. Ott was dropped because of bad drives. Mikkelsen because this germans who chickened out against real competition coming (and blame everything on money, here clearly they put millions into the rallycross and that stupid pikes peak record who by the way isn't good for anybody but their egos).

  15. Likes: Gregor-y (13th June 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •