Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I don't think all recce crews carry a GPS for the recce - only selected crews?
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i dont see anything sensitive in this, the police is looking in whats happen, maybe he gets a fine if the story is true.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who is this "private" crew? As per normal everyone is quick to name & implecate Mikko, Marcus & Malcolm etc.

Let heat the "victims" side of the story, come on if your out there, speak up and name yourself, what have you to loose / hide?
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think the crew are members of this forum but they are not hiding from anything in the various posts on the other forum. The driver was Wayne Radford and was competing in a red evo 8 (i think)

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think the worst case senario will involve a fine for the ford team....thats hardly big trouble.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just have to be thankful that we haven't had another Bourne incident and wait patiently for a police finding
    "I am fed up with this car.....pfft"

M. Gronholm champion :D

Liked 382 Times in 178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    I don't think all recce crews carry a GPS for the recce - only selected crews?
    There are no GPS systems like used in the rally cars fitted to recce cars.
    Selected crews have a logging devices which record (and warn the driver) of
    speed over a pre-set figure (stated in the sup regs) fitted to their recce car.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Another thing to bear in mind is that most GPS based vehicle tracking systems arn't accurate enough to tell which side of a road the vehilce is on.
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSchwinn
    wrong, as since it seems to have happened on the british isles it's the whole road system over there that is on the wrong side hence mikko and marcus are a-ok with me.

seriously, if that was true then the gps system would have been be able to prove it. you have to understand that ford/mikko/marcus/malcolm are very easy targets to get some cashmoneyhoney out of, so i am not surprised that malcolm told them to piss off. plus these wrc guys are carefully monitored even when doing recces and stopping like that could have caused them trouble. and again, it was in a pajero, what was the damage and the injuries? and it's not like that car is worth anything anyway! i also fail to see how this is "a sensitive matter".........

"careless driving", WOW! have the british police ever driven in italia? they should arrest the whole country! (except for the italian alpine people, they're cool). and is that the legal term? in the "infideland" they call it "reckless driving" which is much stronger language.
    Are you being serious? Why would some one be sad and stupid enough to do that? And if he had made it up, wouldnt that mean that he could be in trouble also? Why not think about it logically?
    The only way on a leaderboard is up.....until you crash!!!!!

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Mikko should be banned from competing or have a very heavy fine imposed on him by the FIA! This is just crazy what he did and not even bothering to stop, i'm just glad he crashed out after SS1! Serves the bugger right

P.S There are some very stupid people commenting on this thread, read the british rally forum thread and it will all become clear. Don't type **** you don't know anything about!
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman