Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts

Ford in big trouble

Mikko Hirvonen had caused a accident on the recce and a other entrant rolled his recce car. But niether Hirvonen ore Malcom Wilson will admit they had anything to do with it.

The story starts on the bottom of this thread and you need to log in.

http://www.britishrally.co.uk/forum/...r=asc&start=20
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    What for troubles?

Can you put the story on this tread? I can't login with a hotmail.com account :\

Liked 568 Times in 205 Posts
    Yup, from what I've heard it's disgusting what Mikko/Ford have done. And especially Marucs too.

It says that the police are investigating and may charge Mikko with careless driving.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Yup, from what I've heard it's disgusting what Mikko/Ford have done. And especially Marucs too.

It says that the police are investigating and may charge Mikko with careless driving.
    This is the way the thread goes:

A private crew were doing their recce for Rally GB. They were driving a Shogun / Pajero. Came around a corner and met Mkko Hirvonen in his recce car who was on the wrong side of the road. The Pajero had to take avoiding action, went up a bank and rolled. Hirvonen failed to stop nor did Gromholm who was following a short distance behind. The crew were luckily not injured.
    The crew then approached Malcolm Wilson who basically was not interested and referred to evidence etc. Many other things were said but Wilson and the crew failed to sort matters out.
    The incident is now in the hands of the police and various approaches have been made to M-Sport and Ford management to try and resolve the matter.

Mods: I appreciate this is a sensitive matter so please feel free to moderate, if necessary.

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Big trouble is a big word isn't?
    I hope police can search this out. Soon and cleary.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noel157
    This is the way the thread goes:

A private crew were doing their recce for Rally GB. They were driving a Shogun / Pajero. Came around a corner and met Mkko Hirvonen in his recce car who was on the wrong side of the road. The Pajero had to take avoiding action, went up a bank and rolled. Hirvonen failed to stop nor did Gromholm who was following a short distance behind. The crew were luckily not injured.
    The crew then approached Malcolm Wilson who basically was not interested and referred to evidence etc. Many other things were said but Wilson and the crew failed to sort matters out.
    The incident is now in the hands of the police and various approaches have been made to M-Sport and Ford management to try and resolve the matter.

Mods: I appreciate this is a sensitive matter so please feel free to moderate, if necessary.

wrong, as since it seems to have happened on the british isles it's the whole road system over there that is on the wrong side hence mikko and marcus are a-ok with me.

seriously, if that was true then the gps system would have been be able to prove it. you have to understand that ford/mikko/marcus/malcolm are very easy targets to get some cashmoneyhoney out of, so i am not surprised that malcolm told them to piss off. plus these wrc guys are carefully monitored even when doing recces and stopping like that could have caused them trouble. and again, it was in a pajero, what was the damage and the injuries? and it's not like that car is worth anything anyway! i also fail to see how this is "a sensitive matter".........

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    "careless driving", WOW! have the british police ever driven in italia? they should arrest the whole country! (except for the italian alpine people, they're cool). and is that the legal term? in the "infideland" they call it "reckless driving" which is much stronger language.
    I am Yahya the Infinite. <-search it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    very very disappointed in Mikko and Ford if this is true.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Michael Schumacher the best F1 driver ever

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    There are a few things that need clarifying:

1. In the recce, all crews are allowed only to drive on the direction of the rally. So what was this Pajero doing coming to meet Hirvonen and how is it possible? If The Fords were driving opposite the rally direction, then the GPS tracker would show it and they would be punished by organisers.

2. Was this insident reported to organisers?

3. Trying to cash out on famous drivers and teams seems to happen from time to time (Henning Turkey for example). So any other evidence than the story of the Pajero driver???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I guess the British police don't know that most WRC crews record their day's recce-ing on an onboard DV camera, mounted from the driver's point-of-view, so they can check through the notes later. This would provide ample evidence...

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Reading through the story it appears the incident happened on a liaison / public road section and there are some members of the public that witnessed the accident. I think, before we all get our Sherlock Holmes hats on (and pipes), it may be best to see what happens.