Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I have no doubt that Red Bull have completely ignored the RRA. So to have Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes. In fact, I think the only teams that haven't are the ones whose budgets are small enough to fit into the RRA regardless of what they do.

So to answer your question Knockie, yes I believe the RRA is a waste of time.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I have no doubt that Red Bull have completely ignored the RRA. So to have Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes. In fact, I think the only teams that haven't are the ones whose budgets are small enough to fit into the RRA regardless of what they do.

Yep, that's what I think as well. I suspect that the reason McLaren are appearing to be so 'transparent' is that they don't have the opportunity to manipulate the rules as much as RBR, so are trying to limit the advantage they are getting instead. If McLaren (or any other team) could get away with more, I have no doubt they would because this rule is a load of bollox designed to give the FIA a lever (or big stick) in their 'negotiations'. This rule makes much less sense than Team Orders

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I think because McLaren have so much in house that they have to be transparent otherwise it would show up

If they had a chance to get round it, I am 100% convinced they would However, they can't so they do the next best thing and try and stop others
    Yep the 2007 Spygate proved that McLaren are a transparent organization, almost as transparent as mud.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Yep the 2007 Spygate proved that McLaren are a transparent organization, almost as transparent as mud.
    Just a Max vendetta. Max swore blind it was Ron that fitted him up for the spankygate case. In fact, turns out the gutter press were monitoring almost anything that moved, which proves Ron/McLaren had nowt to do with surveilance on Max. Max didn't like Ron - end of, and the farcical $100m fine on McLaren was his revenge. We know this, because of the almost indentical circumstances of McLaren info at Renault (the team remember, that cheated to get Fred a win) were barely given a slap on the wrist......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Just a Max vendetta. Max swore blind it was Ron that fitted him up for the spankygate case. In fact, turns out the gutter press were monitoring almost anything that moved, which proves Ron/McLaren had nowt to do with surveilance on Max. Max didn't like Ron - end of, and the farcical $100m fine on McLaren was his revenge. We know this, because of the almost indentical circumstances of McLaren info at Renault (the team remember, that cheated to get Fred a win) were barely given a slap on the wrist......
    And it's also Max's fault that McLaren were a bunch of liars back then, I thought so. :\

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    And it's also Max's fault that McLaren were a bunch of liars back then, I thought so. :\
    Sorry, but I am unable to vouch forthe individuals involved - Alonso, De la Rosa, McLoucghlan, Stepney etc, so cannot possibly comment. One name their seems to pop up a lot where hooky goings on in F1 are concerned..... Nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.