1: Hanninen
    2: Mikkelsen
    3: Tanak
    4: Neuville
    5: Bouffier

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    In my opinion:
    1. Hänninen
    2. Kopeckż (don't forget that he finished every rally in the top 5, except of course the lottery in Monte-Carlo)
    3. Neuville
    4. Mikkelsen
    5. Andreucci (he dominated the Italian championship as never before)

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Best one - Neuville

Biggest dissapointment for me is Bouffier. Apart from the Monte win, he never showed pace expected for a full works driver , with as many kilometers with the car as he has (more than anyone else I believe)

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    I wouldn't put Bouffier in the top 5. Kopecky should be in there (he won as many rallies as Mikkelsen this year) but maybe not 2nd. Also Rossetti deserves a mention IMO.

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Sorry but to me Kopecky is the Mikko of IRC, very stable but not a killer. Just my opinion, and that is why he did not make my list.

Rossetti I agree on.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Sorry but to me Kopecky is the Mikko of IRC, very stable but not a killer. Just my opinion, and that is why he did not make my list.
    I somewhat agree on your assesment of Kopecky but he would have been a more worthy champion than Mikko IMO as he did at least take two wins on merit.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    In my opinion:
    2. Kopeckż (don't forget that he finished every rally in the top 5, except of course the lottery in Monte-Carlo)
    5. Andreucci (he dominated the Italian championship as never before)
    a)Don't forget Kopecky blew it in Shakedown for Ypres a rally where 2nd place would have been almost assured
    b)Having watched the Costa Smeralda between the Rally Italia loops I would say Andreucci's dominance of the Italian championship has more to do with the lack of competition (Mikklesen had retired soon after the start that day) than his outstanding ability. Rossetti was running him close despite being in the outdated Punto!

Again other than getting into the top 10 at Ypres how would Rossetti justify inclusion as one of the best of 2011 (we're talking 2011 not past accomplishments)-the much-derided Guy Wilks actually had more to recommend him, despite the crashes.
    Bouffier seemed to disappear after the Ypres disqualification, wonder how well scruitineered his car was after the Monte ;-)
    So my top 5
    Hanninen
    Tanak
    Mikkelsen
    Loix
    Neuville

Kopecky a close 6th

Honourable mentions to Weijs jr and Breen
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    a)Don't forget Kopecky blew it in Shakedown for Ypres a rally where 2nd place would have been almost assured
    b)Having watched the Costa Smeralda between the Rally Italia loops I would say Andreucci's dominance of the Italian championship has more to do with the lack of competition (Mikklesen had retired soon after the start that day) than his outstanding ability. Rossetti was running him close despite being in the outdated Punto!
    Mikkelsen blew it minimal three times: Monte-Carlo, also Ypres (both in SS1) and Hungary.

Yes, I agree that the Italian championship was quite poor in terms of S2000 cars and great drivers this year, but Andreucci was already the best Italian driver in the CIR in the past years. Now he was even more dominating. I rate the CIR higher than the SWRC championship where you could end on the podium with SupeRally.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    You can't go around the fact that Mikkelsen is champion because Eurosport wanted to be nice for organisations of Scotland and Cyprus. Without the coėfficient system Mikkelsens title chances were hopeless 3 rallies before the end of the championship...
    I read that as the guy did what he had to do when it mattered, surely the defining aspect of a champ. Everyone knew the rules in advance, probably one of the reasons that AM did the Italian gravel championship, which he also won. The phrase we use in the UK is that Hanninen and Kopecky 'bottled it'.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    Neuville won the Colin McRae flat out throphy of 2011!!