Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    I was at a Motorsport evening in the North not long ago,when one of the presenters Rob Smedley,when asked who he thought was the best driver in F1 said Lewis Hamilton.I put it on this forum ,and it was laughed down by many.Why do so many on here froth at the mouth so much,when another driver or team member gives an opinion that mentions Lewis as in their opinion as a good driver ?
    It's called living in denial. Check out kfzmeister's post. I'm pretty sure he's trolling with the "sneak attack" theory, but if not, that's some pretty potent toxic ink on the rolling paper.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    It's just mind games directed against Button.
    At the beginning of the season he was saying something else.
    Yep, because if Alonso has learned one thing from his time in Formula 1, is that his main competitor has always been Button. Not only that, he is so fearful of Button's amazing raw pace in 2012 that he's protecting his interests by going out of his way to make statements and play mind games when 2011 isn't even over yet.

Lewis' biggest rival at one time has just said he considers him to be the best, it's straight from the horse's mouth, YET people will come up with the most absurd logic to convince themselves otherwise. It's cute.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Jensen's driven the same car. ...And won more! This means nothing. Alonso's softening Hamilton psychologically (..and some on this forum )! Lol. Hamilton thinks things are good now and Alonso will sneak attack him....
    Out of the 3 races Button has won this year, two of them were in changing conditions, his specialty, and all three of them were capitalizing on mistakes. Canada when Vettel outbraked himself, Hungary when Vettel and Lewis made mistakes, and Suzuka was a good race for him, but still, Red Bull were taking it easy for Vettel's championship. He hasn't shown raw pace like Lewis did at Shanghai and Nurburgring and "TAKE" the victory, not capitalize on other's misfortune.

This has been the worst season ever by Lewis' standards, and while Button has done very well, kudos to him, on raw pace he's still behind Lewis by quite a margin. I mean in the last two races, he has outqualified Jenson twice by almost half a second. Races is where Button is shining at the moment, the degradation factor helping him, and once that is sorted out and Lewis stops having accidents, the cream will rise to the top again.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Yep, because if Alonso has learned one thing from his time in Formula 1, is that his main competitor has always been Button.
    Because it is not Button that Alonso is battling for 2nd place in the championship?! Do you even watch F1? LOL
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Because it is not Button that Alonso is battling for 2nd place in the championship?! Do you even watch F1? LOL
    Yeah , he's the best ......and I'm going to beat him .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Yeah , he's the best ......and I'm going to beat him .
    Yep, just like he was saying how great Massa is, a week ago, in order to make himself look even better.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Lewis' biggest rival at one time has just said he considers him to be the best, it's straight from the horse's mouth, YET people will come up with the most absurd logic to convince themselves otherwise. It's cute.
    Absurd logic? Driver, who is getting beaten by his team-mate, just cannot currently be the best. Absurd would be to claim the other way around. Perhaps Webber and Massa are the best drivers. So what that they are getting beaten by team-mates? At least they have "potential" and that's why they are the best! If you so much like to do it, better say that Hamilton was the best, just like Schumacher was, not is.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Link: Formula 1

Does anybody have a link to the interview where Fernando said this? If the official website is claiming it, it must be true, but I never thought Alonso would be giving Lewis such compliments.
    no.

but i heard it....Alonso said that Hamilton was the best driver who has won races in a less than competitive car this year such as that Maclaren.....and then started laughing, and then added, "but only if you ignore Button........"

Besides as I said before, team mate comparsions no longer have the same validity as before, because of car design and set up favoring one over the other can create big gaps.......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And how many times has Alonso played mind games with rivals in the past?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Absurd logic? Driver, who is getting beaten by his team-mate, just cannot currently be the best. Absurd would be to claim the other way around. Perhaps Webber and Massa are the best drivers. So what that they are getting beaten by team-mates? At least they have "potential" and that's why they are the best! If you so much like to do it, better say that Hamilton was the best, just like Schumacher was, not is.
    Button is not beating Lewis in the same way that Vettel is beating Webber. On raw pace, Button is still behind Lewis, without doubt, and this is quite obvious. He has done a solid job to keep out of trouble and capitalize on Lewis' incidents and penalties.