Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exclamation Alonso: "Hamilton the best driver in Formula 1"

Link: Formula 1

Q: Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso recently paid you a huge compliment, saying that he believes you are the only driver in the field who can win races with a car that is not as competitive as the best car on the grid. He said he will be watching you during the winter tests…

LH: I am honoured that Fernando is so positive about my qualities, despite this season and the differences that we had. Our relationship has got a lot stronger and the respect that we have for each other is much stronger. It is great to see that he has come out with these compliments, as I have also always said that he is one of the best drivers. So in general it is really good to hear that I have received support from other drivers as well.
    I'm doing a bit of tabloid douchebaggery myself and hence the title can be misleading, but well, you can pretty much extract that from what Alonso said. Does anybody have a link to the interview where Fernando said this? If the official website is claiming it, it must be true, but I never thought Alonso would be giving Lewis such compliments.

He is 100% correct though.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    hock: NFW
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    Link: Formula 1

I'm doing a bit of tabloid douchebaggery myself and hence the title can be misleading, but well, you can pretty much extract that from what Alonso said. Does anybody have a link to the interview where Fernando said this? If the official website is claiming it, it must be true, but I never thought Alonso would be giving Lewis such compliments.

He is 100% correct though.
    Alonso has always said that Hamilton is a great driver. This rift between them that has been reported in the media is nonsense. They are actually quite good friends. Kudos to Alonso for what he said. I believe he is correct, but I also belive that Alonso is of a similar level to Hamilton maybe not just quite as quick through an entire season as Hammy.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alonso, like Hamilton, is a bit Marmite. He's a brilliant driver and him and Lewis in the same team was Nirvana if it would have worked. However, there wasn't enough room in Surrey for 2 ego's of that size and it went Pete Tong in spectacular fashion.

Over the past few years, there has been several stories detailing their mutual respect as competitors and personally, I find it refreshing from what I consider to be the 2 best drivers in F1 at the moment.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'm not sure Alonso and Hamilton are exactly friends like claimed here, but they seem to get on fine.

As for being the "best". Well, currently there are at least 3 drivers in F1, who are better than Hamilton. A year ago with different regulations that claim would have been believable.

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    saying that he believes you are the only driver in the field who can win races with a car that is not as competitive as the best car on the grid
    Jensen's driven the same car. ...And won more! This means nothing. Alonso's softening Hamilton psychologically (..and some on this forum )! Lol. Hamilton thinks things are good now and Alonso will sneak attack him....
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    FORMULA ONE - F1: Hamilton Tells Nemesis Massa To 'Be A Man'
    The Spaniard, who is Massa's Ferrari teammate, recently admitted he thinks
    Hamilton is one of very few F1 drivers who can win races even
    without the best car.
    how did a few become 1 ?
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I was at a Motorsport evening in the North not long ago,when one of the presenters Rob Smedley,when asked who he thought was the best driver in F1 said Lewis Hamilton.I put it on this forum ,and it was laughed down by many.Why do so many on here froth at the mouth so much,when another driver or team member gives an opinion that mentions Lewis as in their opinion as a good driver ?

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Best and good is a big difference. Alonso's the best. Hamilton is good (kfzmeister puts on flamesuit!)
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    It's just mind games directed against Button.
    At the beginning of the season he was saying something else.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro