Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts

[ILMC 2011 last race] 6 Hours of Zhuhaï...

Hi,

The last event of 2011 ILMC is this week-end in China, so epilogue of the great AUDI vs Peugeot duel coming
    Let's really hope an AUDI vs Peugeot vs Toyota exciting duel for next year :

To follow the race you have live-timing on Site Officiel 24 Heures du Mans − Intercontinental Le Mans Cup − 6 Heures de Zhuhaï − Billetterie − Stage Pilotage and Le Mans Live | Toute l and live streaming on Peugeot Sport - accueil and Audi tv

Have a good fun if this event interests you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WEC 2012 calendar was also just released, the FIA pulling the Bahrain crap again putting that in over Petit Le Mans!!!! what the hell are they thinking, did they not see the race this year and the crowd it brought in, I know, I was there and it was beyond packed. over 120K race day, Bahrain will be lucky to have 30K for the weekend, guess Oil money is always what the FIA wants, just look at F1
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Last 1-2 of the year for Peugeot

Fantastic job by Anthony Davidson and Sébastien Bourdais

New mistakes by AUDI(McNish did some...McNish-things and Fässler had a spin that could have cost a lot in the end of race)

BMW 1-2 in the GT class

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    WEC 2012 calendar was also just released, the FIA pulling the Bahrain crap again putting that in over Petit Le Mans!!!! what the hell are they thinking, did they not see the race this year and the crowd it brought in, I know, I was there and it was beyond packed. over 120K race day, Bahrain will be lucky to have 30K for the weekend, guess Oil money is always what the FIA wants, just look at F1
    ACO/FIA only want 1 race in North America. An utter shame, really.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    thats fine if they only want 1 race, but why go to a country that doesnt at all care about autoracing except for some oil barren. I'm actually shocked there was no German track in that schedule.
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    thats fine if they only want 1 race, but why go to a country that doesnt at all care about autoracing except for some oil barren. I'm actually shocked there was no German track in that schedule.
    World championship, tick all the boxes and cover the bases. I'm surprised its Fuji and not Suzuka 1000.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    A huge mistake, and not a promising start for the new WEC. When starting a new series, you want to show it in it's best light - so you have the best races. Simple - if that means 2 races from the same country, so be it. As far as I know, Bahrain hasn't held a top level Sportscar race, and is granted a round of the WEC.

The new WEC has a golden opportunity to become 2nd only to F1 in 4 wheel Motorsport; with Manufacturers such as Peugeot, Audi, Toyota, Porsche in 2014, possibly Nissan/ Honda. A big issue is media/TV rights - they need to sort this out. None of this Eurosport for Le Mans, MotorsTV for others, etc

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

North American is such a prestigious market for car buyers and race fans. I'm sure Audi North America and other manufacturers will definitely be pushing for at least 2 rounds.

Interesting article on keeping PLM strong: AUTO RACING - DAGYS: The Coming Global Sportscar Superstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    As far as I know, Bahrain hasn't held a top level Sportscar race
    To be fair it has held some Aussie V8 rounds - and were way more enjoyable than the Abu Dhabi races.