Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wales Rally GB - BBC Two Wales programme

Hi all

I thought I'd flag up the fact that BBC Wales will, once again, be showing a highlights programme from WRGB. It'll be shown at 23.20 on Monday evening on BBC Two Wales (which is available throughout the UK on Sky) and then for a further seven days on the BBC iPlayer.

Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Yea, saw Mark James walking around service at Shakedown yesterday.Why the hell they dont get the `Beeb` do it full time next year? Prob the `Rolls Royce `of Sport coverage in the world! And Mark really knows his Rallying.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Great news!! C'mon NorthOne, give the coverage away to the Beeb and get the interest back in the WRC in the UK.....it's in a vacuum at the moment.
    And include Mark in the coverage - somebody who knows what he's talking about.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    I rooted out some of my old VHS of dodgy reception BBC 2 WRC events and the quality of the shows is astounding still after all these years. I think with rally covrage, less is often more with regard to commentary and some o the production aspects, not meaning to sound like I'm licking up to Mark, but he let the action speak for itself and told it like it was. I'm 27 and within the target Market the WRC are aiming at and I don't see th need to make something sound exciting by he commentator when clearly it visibly is. Young people dont need wild crazy stuff in a show to make it watchable, the beebs f1 coverage is testament to that. Well informed, with no fear to tell the story as it is. I honestly don't think that if sainz blew the engine with 400 metres to the title today, that the WRC coverage would let an interview like Jeremy hart carried out happen. We need the WRc back on ha Beeb. This is great news

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    According to BBC Breakfast it's the "Rally of Wales"
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac Tommy
    I rooted out some of my old VHS of dodgy reception BBC 2 WRC events and the quality of the shows is astounding still after all these years. I think with rally covrage, less is often more with regard to commentary and some o the production aspects, not meaning to sound like I'm licking up to Mark, but he let the action speak for itself and told it like it was. I'm 27 and within the target Market the WRC are aiming at and I don't see th need to make something sound exciting by he commentator when clearly it visibly is. Young people dont need wild crazy stuff in a show to make it watchable, the beebs f1 coverage is testament to that. Well informed, with no fear to tell the story as it is. I honestly don't think that if sainz blew the engine with 400 metres to the title today, that the WRC coverage would let an interview like Jeremy hart carried out happen. We need the WRc back on ha Beeb. This is great news
    I'd be interested to see the old vhs footage again! Upload! Upload!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac Tommy
    Young people dont need wild crazy stuff in a show to make it watchable, the beebs f1 coverage is testament to that. Well informed, with no fear to tell the story as it is.
    I couldn't agree more. What a pity that that, too, is shortly to be no more.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I couldn't agree more. What a pity that that, too, is shortly to be no more.
    Agreed. Bernie ecclestone mokin: North one sport
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What I can't understand is why this only gets shown on BBC 2 Wales, when the event is Rally GB. It should be shown in all regions!

I've set the Sky+ to record it. Mark James' style is still better than anything out there.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    So we only get highlights at nearly midnight a day later. Yet we used to have a half hour programme every night on BBC2 with live coverage on Sunday.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums