Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question How do you see the future of rally?

The rally season is al most over, what do you think about in future? After Wales all the official news of rallies can be very different than we expect.
    There are many questions that many people do not dare to talk about it just now!
    Here are some questions from me and you can come with your questions and possible answers.
    Which teams will continue to rally in the future?
    Which factory teams continue to rally in the future?
    What new factory teams will run against Citroen or Volkswagen in the future?
    Who will still sponsor rallies in the future?
    Is there money for more drivers than a few drivers who are paid just now?
    Are the current rally cars not too expensive?
    What do you think about the future. Do you have questions and possible answers?

Bring it on and let us talk about your views. mokin:
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Very good thread.
    I still mantain that the WRC has got huge potential, more than any other Motorsport, due to variety of venues/countries visited. However, it needs to be managed properly – something which it has not happened over the last 10 years. The people running/involved in the sport need a dose of reality....
    First, accept it’s not F1 – and don’t try to ape it! It could be a very successful 2nd Tier world sport, which is what the aim should be – and to become 2nd in popularity/prestige in Motorsport to F1.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes WRC and other rallys can have again a huge potential but it is high time that something will change.
    As private and local drivers also had the chance as before to drive cheaper, the same cars as the current top drivers
    It would have been more interest from the people, sponsors and TV.
    I think Europe will definitely need this the next 10 years .
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Very good thread.
    I still mantain that the WRC has got huge potential, more than any other Motorsport, due to variety of venues/countries visited. However, it needs to be managed properly – something which it has not happened over the last 10 years. The people running/involved in the sport need a dose of reality....
    First, accept it’s not F1 – and don’t try to ape it! It could be a very successful 2nd Tier world sport, which is what the aim should be – and to become 2nd in popularity/prestige in Motorsport to F1.
    +1 a good thread.
    Which teams will be in in the future? Its dificult to say, but I wonder how much profit, if any, non factory teams make in a year? If they are making a loss, they can only do this for so long!
    I think a good starting point for WRC to become more popular in the UK is the odd advert like Kris meekes( hes meeke, but not mild:-) and then grow from there.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    . The people running/involved in the sport need a dose of reality....
    First, accept it’s not F1 – .
    http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/...rallies-2.html

This page is full of one thing that WRC has and F1 doesn't have
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that if all the wrc car had a standardized ecu set i.e no special maps for the works teams. The the private would have a better chance of winner and have a better chance of getting long term sponsors. i know that wouldnt make the sport any cheaper but it would make it a more even playing field.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimad73
    I think that if all the wrc car had a standardized ecu set i.e no special maps for the works teams. The the private would have a better chance of winner and have a better chance of getting long term sponsors. i know that wouldnt make the sport any cheaper but it would make it a more even playing field.
    then there would not be any manufacturers in the sport.....

The manufacturers are there to brag about having the best machines...if things were too equal then there would be no point in a manufacturer to enter.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    but people are not watching the sport any more. so somethings got to be done to make people interested in it again. i don't really want to watch loeb win another 2 world championship because theres no cars to match the citroens. Surely if the private teams where contracted to bang on about how they won because ford,mini,citroen and so was the best car. they get there glory.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which teams will continue to rally in the future?

VW will have a second team, something from Ford & PSA as well. I am not sure Mini will have an official arraignment due to finance

Which factory teams continue to rally in the future?

VW, Ford, Prodrive, maybe something from PSA

What new factory teams will run against Citroen or Volkswagen in the future?

Kia/Hyundai, maybe Subaru/Toyota. I don't think we will see any more new cars for at least 2 years.

Who will still sponsor rallies in the future?

Similar to how it is done now. If we go to Russia, China we will see some unfamiliar state owned car companies sponsoring the events.

Is there money for more drivers than a few drivers who are paid just now?

I don't think that it is a question of money. If the rules were different we would see 3 car team again.

Are the current rally cars not too expensive?

I am not sure how it could be made cheap. There will always be an element of cost in this sport.

Very very good questions BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimad73
    but people are not watching the sport any more. so somethings got to be done to make people interested in it again. i don't really want to watch loeb win another 2 world championship because theres no cars to match the citroens. Surely if the private teams where contracted to bang on about how they won because ford,mini,citroen and so was the best car. they get there glory.
    the domination of Loeb would still be there i think....

Citroen didn't have the best car for 8 years in a row... but Loeb was the best driver for 8 years in a row.

And i think that rallying lost its appeal for other reasons apart from the domination of CItroen/Loeb, the major one i think is the way sports are presented nowadays.