Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Exactly. I wonder how many of those who completed the poll (online?) ever saw Villeneuve race, or know how loved he was/is by Ferrari fans and F1 fans the world over.
    There is a 50/50 chance I would say.
    Maybe only half of them saw GV drive for Ferrari but all of them saw MS drive.
    Also the achievements of these two can't be compared.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I can't find this poll on http://www.gazzetta.it it must be an old one (last year ?) pity
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Whilst it is very true that the results of the poll probably don't take into account the popularity of drivers from yesteryear, it is also very true that the results of polls on driver popularity are pretty meaningless no matter what the result.

A driver's job is to win races, not popularity contests.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    We must also consider that in Italy most people over 40 years don't have internet access, or they don't use it everyday. Otherwise Gilles would have been much closer to Michael
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    A driver's job is to win races, not popularity contests.
    Although, since a requirement of a popularity contest is the desire to "travel the world and work with children and animals" (copyright every Miss World there has ever been) Michael does have some of the qualities needed......

He has worked with children (Unicef).
    He has worked with animals (Corinna's horses, Flavio Briatore).
    He has travelled the world (travelled it? He won the bloody thing 7 times!).

But, and this is a key issue, even a devoted Tifosian such as I would draw the line when it came to seeing Michael in the Swim-wear section.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Ferrari's register of drivers is a who's who of Grand Prix racing: Ascari, Villoresi, Gonzalez, Taruffi, Trintignant, Farina, Hawthorn, Castellotti, Collins, Fangio, von Trips, Hill, Behra, Brooks, Ginther, Baghetti, Bandini, Scarfiotti, Surtees, Rodriquez, Amon, Ickx, Regazzoni, Andretti, Merzario, Lauda, Reutemann, Villeneuve, Scheckter, Pironi, Tambay, Arnoux, Alboreto, Berger, Mansell, Prost, Alesi, Schumacher and now Raikkonen are just some of them
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Ferrari's register of drivers is a who's who of Grand Prix racing: Ascari, Villoresi, Gonzalez, Taruffi, Trintignant, Farina, Hawthorn, Castellotti, Collins, Fangio, von Trips, Hill, Behra, Brooks, Ginther, Baghetti, Bandini, Scarfiotti, Surtees, Rodriquez, Amon, Ickx, Regazzoni, Andretti, Merzario, Lauda, Reutemann, Villeneuve, Scheckter, Pironi, Tambay, Arnoux, Alboreto, Berger, Mansell, Prost, Alesi, Schumacher and now Raikkonen are just some of them
    Yes, but none of them looked good in a swim-suit either.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Lest we forget that in these surveys, the most recent tends to be flavour of the month, which skews the result somewhat. A couple of years ago, the BBC conducted a poll to find the most influential musician of all time.

Robbie Williams was in the top 10 above Mozart...'nuff said.
    Top Tip - Pretend you have an iPad by drawing the internet on an Etch-A-Sketch.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzicist
    Lest we forget that in these surveys, the most recent tends to be flavour of the month, which skews the result somewhat. A couple of years ago, the BBC conducted a poll to find the most influential musician of all time.

Robbie Williams was in the top 10 above Mozart...'nuff said.
    For sure they didn't do it in Austria!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro