Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Kyle Busch and his sponsors

From M&M's facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/mms/posts/10150348298196957

My boss asked me to share this: The recent actions by Kyle Busch are not consistent with the values of M&M'S and we're very disappointed. Like you, we hold those who represent our brand to a higher standard and we have expressed our concerns directly to Joe Gibbs Racing.
    Sponsors. You know. The companies that pay Kyle Busch's salary and provide the millions of $$$$$$$$'s it takes to field the race cars he drives.

Hendrick Motorsports elected in 2007 to let Kyle go. Driving talent and all.

Will JGR have to send him packing too?
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope so. It would be a good lesson for him. He needs it.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What Lee Roy said.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No, M&M's and JGR will keep Kyle. Remember Tony and Kevin Harvick have had major controversies in the past and they remained in tact.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kyle Busch needs a beer sponsor. Provided of course that when he tries to stab someone with a broken bottle, he'll keep the label pointed to the nearest camera.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Might seem harsh, but iif you delibrately cause a crash like that under yellow, then you have lost the plot. Worse still ruin someones shot at their championship. I say Ban him. Never had an opinion on him before but I have now.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    I'd bet money that when his contract runs out at JGR - it doesn't get renewed.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    It seems at least one sponsor is done with Kyle Busch, and his main sponsor M&M's may be.

Report: Kyle Busch replaced by Denny Hamlin at Homestead - NASCAR News | FOX Sports on MSN

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAX_THRUST
    Might seem harsh, but iif you delibrately cause a crash like that under yellow, then you have lost the plot. Worse still ruin someones shot at their championship. I say Ban him. Never had an opinion on him before but I have now.
    I hate to point this out.. however short-memory syndrome seems to be affecting a lot of people recently..

Cast your minds back 2 weeks to Martinsville, and Jamie McMurray did exactly the same thing (or tried to anyway!) to Brian Vickers.. Now, where was the outcry for him to be suspended, fired and fined..?

Likewise in that exact same race, Kyle was taken out (accidentally) by Matt Kenseth. Kyle didn't try to wreck him, just took his car to the garage, just as he did when he got taken out at Talladega.

I will say that I am a Kyle Busch fan, since he started driving for JGR because I am primarily a JGR fan.

Now; I'm not going to condone taking another car/truck out under caution, however for fans, and NASCAR to say that this one oncident actually deserved parking for a whole weekend is just plain wrong..
    IF NASCAR had said 'we looked at several indidents, including Darlington, and decided we needed to sent Kyle a message, I would have been fine with that. But, as I say - it made no sense to take these actions off the back of one incident, and that's where I think, NASCAR got it wrong.

Now you can say that, well, Hornaday is running for a championship, so that makes it wrong. Well, so was Kyle, actually.. The 18 had a decent chance of retaining the owners title, and was run into the wall by the points leader's team-mate. In the heat of the moment - it doesn't look good..

So Kyle shouldn't be there, 'it's Hornaday's livelihood', goes the next argument. Well, you know what, it's Kyle's too. He doesn't make money from the trucks - in fact getting the team started you may or may not remember, caused him huge financial losses in the beginning. And he's then also trying to give guys like Tayler Malsam and Brian Ickler a chance, so it's not like he just runs the trucks for fun - he surely had just as much right to race for his team's championship as Hornaday.

I'm not saying Kyle is an angel, let's be honest I don't think anyone is! But not many said he should have been parked for putting Brad Keselowski in the wall a year ago.. I'm just asking for a sense of perspective here, and to remember that, even in the past 2 weeks other drivers have run after each other under caution and hit another car with their own. Why aren't you calling for them to be suspended and fired too..?

On a positive note, thumbs up to Interstate Batteries. Mars are just being hypocritical - if it really meant something to them they would tear up the contract with JGR, not just wait until the fuss has died down and then be right back on the car.