Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Aside from all the Luca/ Ferrari bashing, i see good points in his argument.

He talks of more testing for the drivers and young guns, a third car for the teams (more competition towards the front, rather than too much traffic from the backmarkers), less aerodynamics controlling the show, more innovation (and trying to keep costs down), etc.,...

How is this bad? Perhaps it's time for some good arguments about why or why not!!
    While I agree with the criticism of certain aspects of his posturing, I agree very much with you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll believe this threat when they build an actual IndyCar to show they're serious about leaving F1.

Or maybe not even then.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    Aside from all the Luca/ Ferrari bashing, i see good points in his argument.

He talks of more testing for the drivers and young guns, a third car for the teams (more competition towards the front, rather than too much traffic from the backmarkers), less aerodynamics controlling the show, more innovation (and trying to keep costs down), etc.,...

How is this bad? Perhaps it's time for some good arguments about why or why not!!
    When did Ferrari last run a rookie in F1? The testing excuse is a charade to enable them to play catchup.

3 car teams will kill the minnows!

No thanks.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    While I agree with the criticism of certain aspects of his posturing, I agree very much with you.
    Indeed.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not in favour of three car teams, it's hard enough for the smaller teams to score points as it is (not just the new low budget teams, we really have to include Williams here now).

I agree with lifting the testing restriction, as long as costs don't get out of control. Before the ban Ferrari tested all the time, even while other teams were restricted. I don't see how that's fair.

But to threaten to quit over this???? F1 would survive fine without Ferrari (except perhaps in Italy). Ferrari without F1 on the other hand...

I would love for Ferrari to leave F1 and join the IRL. I think they could add a lot to the series.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Ferrari should look at hiring some new drivers. I think their current drivers aren't too good. I'd look at the USAC drivers like Bryan Clauson, Levi Jones, or Jason Leffler.

Mario Andretti came from USAC. I think these paved ovals really teach you car control. I'd watch out. One team's going to do it one day and the entire sport will be more exciting when we have a real American hero beating Sébastien Bourdais in his Red Bull. Man, that guy doesn't know how to lose...but he'll have to learn if Ferrari take on a USAC guy!

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister
    I think Ferrari should look at hiring some new drivers. I think their current drivers aren't too good. I'd look at the USAC drivers like Bryan Clauson, Levi Jones, or Jason Leffler.

Mario Andretti came from USAC. I think these paved ovals really teach you car control. I'd watch out. One team's going to do it one day and the entire sport will be more exciting when we have a real American hero beating Sébastien Bourdais in his Red Bull. Man, that guy doesn't know how to lose...but he'll have to learn if Ferrari take on a USAC guy!
    you have it "Sébastien Bourdais" and look how he was droped from toro rosso
    He is one of the most successful drivers in the history of the Champ Car World Series having won four successive championships from 2004 to 2007.
    He drove in Formula One for theToro Rosso team during the 2008, and start of 2009 season, but was unable to translate his past successes to that competition.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Quote Originally Posted by CNR
    you have it "Sébastien Bourdais" and look how he was droped from toro rosso
    Let me tell ya a little bit about this ole racin' business. Toro Rossi did not want Bourdais to succeed in F1, and let me tell ya why. Co-owners Red Bull and Valentino Rossi know how important the IRL is due to the successful partnership with Eddie Cheever. They wanted F1 to be Bourdais' stepping stone into the grand pastures of the IRL.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    3 cars at Ferrari:

Massa, Alonso is faster than you!

Massa, Rossi is faster than you!

Rossi, Alonso is faster than you!

Massa, ruin Hamilton's race!

Rossi, ruin Vetel's race... (While being lapped)

Alonso: I give up!