Thread: Wales Rally GB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wales Rally GB

Thinking of going to watch Sweet Lamb & Hafren. As i'm taking my Motor camper I'd like to know if there will be suitable places to park at these places as i intend to arrive on the friday night 7 sat night respectively. Dixies seems to be the obvious place for Hafren & eppynt but I just need to know if there is a designated large car park there.

Any advice will be appreciated and if your on these stages pop by for a cup of tea or coffee!

Thanks Dave

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Sweetlamb and Hafren will be a push togeather. My advise, go to Sweetlamb, easy parking for a campervan, big open carpark. It can get very muddy there, but its a solid surface. Great stage for watching, see a lot of stage from 1 place. Sometimes worth a walk into the stage a little, to get away from the crowds. Great atmosphear, fireworks bbq etc the night before. And you wont be the only camper there.
    Hafren is all forest mud gravel tracks to park on.
    Halfway and Cyrchan. Car park P, up over Eppynt is all tarmac, so easy parking, single file parking so the earlyer you get there the closer to the front you will be. Maybe worth getting the camper turned around facing the exit, its a pain of a carpark to get out off. The Cyrchan and Halfway stages are about 200 yards apart at the end of the carpark.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Years ago there used to be a dedicated camper van car park in Hafren, but not anymore - I'd agree with above - go to Sweetlamb, and Epynt.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EETSTEAMLEADER
    Thinking of going to watch Sweet Lamb & Hafren. As i'm taking my Motor camper I'd like to know if there will be suitable places to park at these places as i intend to arrive on the friday night 7 sat night respectively. Dixies seems to be the obvious place for Hafren & eppynt but I just need to know if there is a designated large car park there.

Any advice will be appreciated and if your on these stages pop by for a cup of tea or coffee!

Thanks Dave
    There is allready a thread about Wales Rally GB, so put all comments in there please.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was having a bit of a Senior moment, I meant Halfway (Eppynt) not Hafren.. I seem to remember from my Army days that there is a dual carriageway up onto Eppynt and there are some areas to pull off the road/track. How far after the catle grid do the stages start?

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    I too am taking a camper van , here is my schedule.

Day 1 - Thursday -10th
    6:30 Meet Heathrow terminal 5 Transfer to Luton - pick up Motorhome 11:30 AM •Venue Cymru, The Promenade, Llandudno, LL30 1BB - tickets 4:55 PMOpening ceremony, Service Mostyn Street, Llandudno
    12 PM parking for Great Orme 7:30 PM Head for Friday opening stage - overnight in spectator parking lot - Dynfi east or West

Day 2 - Friday - 11th Dyfi East/West Parking lot. Watch both stages from parking lot. Lunchtime watch early cars in Dyfi West then Head to Dyfant by 3:15 to watch afternoon stage Overnight in Campground - nr Hafren

Day 3 - Saturday 12th 5 Am - Leave Campground head to Sweet Lamb Parking lot Noon - Leave Sweet Lamb head to Hafren (or straight to Service)
    3 PM After Hafren head to Builth Wells Service 4:15 - Builth Wells Service Park
    7-9 PM head to Halfway parking lot
    Day 4 - Sunday Halfway parking lot P 11:40 leave Halfway parking lot P for Service in Builth 3:30PM Return to Heathrow

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Someone please close this double thread and lets continue the GB talk in here: http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/...ally-gb-8.html
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sweet lamb going up on the day

Hi all i am hoping to go to sweet lamb but due to work commitments i wont be able to travel up the night before, i will be going up the morning of the rally i should get there around 7am. What i would like to know is do you think that will be cutting it to fine and the gates will be closed and i will end up getting turned away? i will also be buying my day ticket on the gate. I have one more question i will be going up in a bmw 330cd and its a little bit on the low side will i be able to get in and out of the car park with any problems?

Thanks in advance jason..

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life