Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When will Casey Mears get his chance?

It's the story no one is talking about: Casey Mears recording his second consecutive decent finish for the under-funded Germain-Osceola Racing.

Mears contended for victory at Talladega until Jeff Gordon screwed him over and subsequently got screwed by Trevor Bayne. He very well could have won Martinsville had he been leading at the race's conclusion. We better not forget his wonderful runs at Watkins Glen in the past, his strong-hold on the Brickyard, or his Nationwide successes.

And especially not his Coca-Cola 600 win that no one mentions. Why? Because NASCAR doesn't want you to remember it. NASCAR doesn't want to admit that an open-wheel driver from California has won a crown jewel stock car spectacular. But I remember. Where there should be a "Coca-Cola 600 Grand Champion" preceding Casey's name, I find nothing and, in fact, I mostly hear silence as few are allowed to talk about Mears without losing media accreditation from Brian France.

When will Mears get a good ride? He's driven crap his entire career. Don't give me the "he drove for Hendricks" speech. No, he didn't drive for Hendricks; he drove equipment that would make BAM Racing cringe under the Hendricks banner.

And you know why his cars were so bad?

Because NASCAR told Hendricks they wouldn't let Jimmie Johnson win any more championships if they let an open-wheel driver like Mears school their drivers on the art of automobile racing.

WELL WHERE'S YOUR CHAMPION NOW, RICK?! IS HE IN PRISON WITH YOU?! OH WAIT...YOU NEVER WENT! KIND OF LIKE CHAD KNAUS.

Mears was sabotaged by Rick Hendricks and the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing and I won't stand for it. I think it's time for a top-flight organization like Joe Gibbs Racing, Roush-Fenway Racing, Stavola-Labonte Racing, or Stewart-Haas Racing to give Casey Mears a legitimate chance at the Sprint Cups we all know he can win. If he can win a 600-mile race, he could win a 300-mile race like Loudon TWICE over. HOW ABOUT THAT, THAT'S WHAT I WANNA KNOW.

That's what I think.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Troll, Troll, Troll your boat,
    Gently down the stream.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Casey Mears isn't a winner so I guess that makes him a loser.

BTW, you might want to find something better to do than troll around.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    he did, with Hendrick Motorsports, had one win and that was a fuel milage win, hes a field filler at best
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He had his chance in the best cars and failed.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He never got the best cars. He got screwed by Hendrick and Childress.

He's worked wonders with Germain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedworx
    He never got the best cars. He got screwed by Hendrick and Childress.
    Always an excuse for failure.
    DVR . . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A bad car at Hendrick or Childress is better than 60% of the rest of the field.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister
    And especially not his Coca-Cola 600 win that no one mentions. Why? Because NASCAR doesn't want you to remember it. NASCAR doesn't want to admit that an open-wheel driver from California has won a crown jewel stock car spectacular. But I remember. Where there should be a "Coca-Cola 600 Grand Champion" preceding Casey's name, I find nothing and, in fact, I mostly hear silence as few are allowed to talk about Mears without losing media accreditation from Brian France.
    Top 5 for that event:

1. Casey Mears
    2. JJ Yeley
    3. Kyle Petty
    4. Reed Sorenson
    5. Brian Vickers

There's a reason that race will never go down as one of the great wins in series history...

This thread is ridiculous. Casey has been a failure in the German Racing car because he didn't inherit his father Rick's ability. He is only keeping the seat warm for young up-and-coming Truck Series driver Mike Bodine.