Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MotoGP 2012

I know it is old news but there doesn't seem to be a thread for 2012 news and rumours. Ducati, Kawasaki. Cardion AB are all unchanged. Dovizioso moves to Moster Yamaha to patner Cal Crutchlow whilst Colin Edwards moves to new team Forward Racing. Pedrosa and Stoner are the two confirmed for Repsol Honda. Ayama will move from MotoGP to WSBK and about six new teams will enter including Marc VDS Racing.

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Yep Kawasaki are definitely unchanged and not in Moto GP

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Meant to say Yamaha.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Have no idea what Suzuki will do, likewise for Gresini especially given the tragic events of last weekend.

If anyone has good blogs for MotoGP gossip/insider info that would be much appreciated.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew
    Have no idea what Suzuki will do, likewise for Gresini especially given the tragic events of last weekend.

If anyone has good blogs for MotoGP gossip/insider info that would be much appreciated.
    Sometimes I read this:
    MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks | ... that racing is the right thing to do

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Suzuki staying for 2012, possibly one bike team, 800cc bike for the start of the season switching over 1000cc in the middle of the season:

Suzuki poised to confirm 2012 MotoGP deal - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    So the tragedy has given Bautista an opportunity of his life to show his worth next year - on Gresini Honda 1000cc. It will be his turn to be the dark horse among factory teams. Strangely it looks like Bautista is quite a similar rider to what Simoncelli was. He has shown lots of speed on Suzuki with his battles for Top6 placings, but also has had lots of crashes... Hopefully he will become more consistent.

I'm also wondering, what could this mean to Honda's long-term plans with Marquez if they already have two Spaniards on their high-performance bikes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The current best guess at the 2012 lineup is here:

2012 MotoGP Rider List - Latest Update After Valencia | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks

The only one I'd add is Federico Sandi who has been testing a CRT Grillini Gapam-BMW (no, I have no idea either) at Valencia alongside the others.

Plenty still to be determined.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So what is the definite advantage to the CRT? According to motogp.com non-works Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha and Ducati bikes be given more engines (12 instead of 6 for the works teams) and 3ltrs more of fuel in the tank (24ltrs instead of 21ltrs for works teams).

I think the best advantage is that, presumably, since the Independent bikes will be giving away 200cc to the works teams who will be mostly taking up the 1000cc engine, the Indie teams like Pramac and Mapfre will have durability over the works bikes.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Do you guys think that Suzuki will stay or go in 2012? there should have been answer by now.
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012