Page 300 of 747 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350400 ... LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 7467
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the Peugeots will be doing in Azores, WRC Portugal was less than stellar with 2 or 3 engine failures. Interestingly, the DS3s fared a bit better, with Lefebvre and Kruuda (except for a roll) not having many issues, but the others weren't so lucky...
    By the latest issue of MotorsportMonday (page 99) the problem for Peugeot was their air intake system that allowed dust to enter either the engine or the oil pump which damaged the engines. Citroen has a different air intake system design.

As an aside comment. If the dust reach the oil pump, doesn’t it have to go true the engine?
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock View Post
    Attachment 641

Porcelain inspired livery on a new Fiesta R5 being prepared for the 2015 Chinese Rally Championship, starting in Hunan this weekend. The sponsor is a local alcohol producer that has produces Beijiu (White Spirit) made from rice in white ceramic bottles. Thanks to Miss Rabbit for the picture.

Should be chassis 87, ordered by Neall Mcshea

Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    According to eWRC, Gröndal retired his DS3 with oil pressure problems - so that implies that his engine sucked in dust as well, and maybe Giordano had the same engine trouble as the Peugeots had before the event. But I've seen first hand last summer that the 208 had no problem on a rough surface similar to Portugal and with a lot of hanging dust as well, so either they changed something or I don't know... This inconsistency is very strange, there are teams who have very few problems (i.e. Andreucci / Racing Lions), and there are others that have a mighty struggle (PA Racing is one that jumps into my mind, the car they bought from TRT has one finish in its last 8 events or so). Well, I hope they can get things going, but if they can't, I wouldn't be surprised to see some people fired for this fiasco and the Dakar as well...

Edit: of course this is a reply to OldF, just missed the reply button
    Last edited by TWRC; 29th May 2015 at 21:26. Reason: Missed the reply button for an other comment :)

Well, what I posted is what was said on MotorsportMonaday and I don’t know how reliable that information is. Maybe they just write their own opinions about the issue.

I start to having a feeling that’s what to believe and what to not. The only thing that I’m sure about is that I haven’t any information that I could say is the absolute truth.

Maybe better not posting anything.

Liked 560 Times in 243 Posts
    I'm not saying it is wrong what they have in the magazine (as the 2003-04 Fords had the same problem every year in Cyprus with the symptomps Peugeot had in Portugal), but the fact that they have such a heavy difference in reliability between teams or even individual cars is actually amazing! I can't recall any make or car that was just like this... one weekend absolutely problem free, on the other it breaks on the second stage with brand new parts. Maybe Mulder and Scully will debut their own 208 soon

Yes, it seems odd but I don’t have a clue why.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Rok Turk will make his competition debut in a Peugeot 206 T16 on this weekend’s FUCHS Saturnus Rally Velenje...

A bit OT, but what are the plans of Turk this year? Will he also continue in JERC with 208 R2?

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    A bit OT, but what are the plans of Turk this year? Will he also continue in JERC with 208 R2?
    He is not doing JERC, he is too old to do it. He is doing ERC3. His plans were to continue in some other ERC rounds, so I hope he will fullfil this plans

9. Likes: focus206 (30th May 2015)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    He is not doing JERC, he is too old to do it. He is doing ERC3. His plans were to continue in some other ERC rounds, so I hope he will fullfil this plans
    ah, I see, thanks for the answer

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Skoda delivered this morning the new R5 for Freddy Loix