Page 269 of 747 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 7467
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Maybe going back to roots it's not utopia, just good sense instigated by the course of circumstances…
    It is utopia. I don't know if You are somehow connected to the car industry but if You do You must see how much everything changed and how dreams like that are nothing but dreams. The car development process has changed, the production process has changed, the marketing tools have changed, the customer demands and interests have changed, regulations have changed and even the road traffic has changed. Sadly for us all the changes were not in the direction we would like to see but quite the opposite.

Obviously all homologation are, as always were, proposed by the manufacturer and works tuners will always get advantage over the private ones, but after the introduction of R categories homologations are so strict that the use of works tuners components become virtually mandatory.

That's ok for the WRC class, because makes are directly involved in the major expression of the sport, but it makes no sense that drivers and teams competing with lower categories cars in regional and national championships should be forced to follow this official supplier policy.
    I don't oppose this statement. I would even say I agree with You however I have to admit I can see some valid points in the FIA stance as well. The main one is that FIA in a way protects the interests of manufacturers which invested millions into the development and homologation.

This is a way to restrain the sport, as become clear in the R-GT issue. Just hope FIA officials understand that there's a need to use the R-GT example and allow private tuners homologations on other R categories, to bring diversity and larger accessibility to the sport.
    The problem is that there is no success of RGT rules. What we can see can not be called a success and I'm sure that a handful of RGT cars won't make FIA to change to the rules of R5 towards the same system when in the same time people bought 150 of those expensive R5 cars...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Breen with Skoda uniform at r5 tests?
    Check the name on the overalls.

3. Likes: dimviii (31st March 2015)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polo10 View Post
    Where?
    video at post 2679,first seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Check the name on the overalls.
    isn t strange that they have an Peugeot driver at their tests before launching r5 fabia?

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    video at post 2679,first seconds
    There is no Breen on the video You linked. It's Jan Kopecký and Pavel Dresler.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There is no Breen on the video You linked. It's Jan Kopecký and Pavel Dresler.
    my bad,i thought that was Breen.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    We're not in 80's anymore when You could have stock Quattro and with some tuning to turn in to very successful private car. Mirek is right, it is utopia in these days private tuners to make very successful rally car in any class, except RGT, but since there are not manufacturers directly involved there, of course it goes down to private tuner teams. Sad but this is the reality, it is more professional sport now in first place, and R5 class is not that far from WRC in porpoise, they're both meant to be top class in their championships, of course R5 is also for national championship competition also.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    That new Fabia R5 is looking better with every video. Seems like Skoda are testing to get it perfect before its debut and not making the mistake of Peugeot with their 208T16 last season.

I bet it will be like the WRC Polo and be fastest from its first event.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    It is utopia. I don't know if You are somehow connected to the car industry but if You do You must see how much everything changed and how dreams like that are nothing but dreams. The car development process has changed, the production process has changed, the marketing tools have changed, the customer demands and interests have changed, regulations have changed and even the road traffic has changed. Sadly for us all the changes were not in the direction we would like to see but quite the opposite.

I don't oppose this statement. I would even say I agree with You however I have to admit I can see some valid points in the FIA stance as well. The main one is that FIA in a way protects the interests of manufacturers which invested millions into the development and homologation.

The problem is that there is no success of RGT rules. What we can see can not be called a success and I'm sure that a handful of RGT cars won't make FIA to change to the rules of R5 towards the same system when in the same time people bought 150 of those expensive R5 cars...
    So let´s get some consensus here: Could it be increased interest in rallying from manufacturers? FIA playing an important role getting that situation. The synergi will maybe be that we´ll have more cheap cars made by mf in lower classes and that would be as near back to roots achievable?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    "We" can't decide that. It is manufacturers who decide which class to make car for. And this will come as cheap as much they decide it is. Mitsubishi R5 is nice project, but it seems it'll stay just "nice". Why the company don't want to support it, we might ask ourselves?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI