Page 266 of 747 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 7467
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    This swedish Mitsubishi R5 project it's a nice project. They intend to provide an affordable R5 car and give Mitsu drivers a competitive alternative to old Gr. N cars.

Mitsubishi Motors should support the homologation process having in mind that the main effort comes from a private company and allow the Mitsubishi name to be kept alive in rallying.

Let’s hope the revelation from MM homologation denial reported by autosport.pt site (that sometimes seems to use very unreliable sources) it’s incorrect, so that in a near future we could see a lot of this little fast cars rallying over european stages!
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: HaCo (29th March 2015)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    This swedish Mitsubishi R5 project it's a nice project. They intend to provide an affordable R5 car and give Mitsu drivers a competitive alternative to old Gr. N cars.

Mitsubishi Motors should support the homologation process having in mind that the main effort comes from a private company and allow the Mitsubishi name to be kept alive in rallying.

Let’s hope the revelation from MM homologation denial reported by autosport.pt site (that sometimes seems to use very unreliable sources) it’s incorrect, so that in a near future we could see a lot of this little fast cars rallying over european stages!
    For me it is curious why they started with this project without approval from manufacturer...

4. Likes: dimviii (29th March 2015),pantealex (30th March 2015)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I found this from another forum.

http://www.rallye-info.com/forum/vie...t=231&start=60

by Sulland » 11 Sep 2013 19:43
    Mparts from Sweden is building a Mitsubishi Spacestar R5 from scratch, with blessing from Mitsubishi.
    It is for now ment for national homologation, but that might change. Only int approved seats is missing to go international.
    Plan is to have it ready for the 2014 season in Sweden!
    Price will be aprox 140 000 euro.

Cool that people dare to challenge the big guns!

Sulland, from where did you get the information that the project has blessing from Mitsubishi?
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

7. Likes: Rally Power (30th March 2015)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Having been out spectating yesterday, it might be a nice car for a clubman in a national series. At best it could make a reasonable R5 in the WRC2, but I can't see it beating the Fiesta, DS3, etc R5's

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Having been out spectating yesterday, it might be a nice car for a clubman in a national series. At best it could make a reasonable R5 in the WRC2, but I can't see it beating the Fiesta, DS3, etc R5's
    For sure. First the car has to come under MM wings. Then maybe enough efforts and resources will be available. And the car will be internationally competitive. Let´s wait and see how this project proceeds.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    One thing I noticed about the Fabia is that it seems to be running with quite long suspension travel, even on asphalt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    same as the old fabia s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    It looks more extreme to me on the new car, but maybe it is just a more open wheelarch?

Check out the pictures at: http://www.griptv.cz/2015/03/skoda-f...-u-toho-video/
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    i havent see the difference between old vs new,but generally fabia has more travel than peugeots/citroens.
    I can say for sure that during Barum rally the R5 was much softer than S2000. It may have changed a bit but it still looks very soft.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: WRC1 (30th March 2015)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Per, I don't want to spoil Your hopes but I don't remember any car which started as a low-budget private project and later become internationally competitive. I mean the car either is good from the start or not. Some development is sure possible but usually no miracle steps are possible on already built car.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: pantealex (30th March 2015),RS (29th March 2015)
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    It is MUCH more spectacular than evo gr.n or r4,it also looks to me faster.the cost for a new full group n i think is bigger so i think this r5 for someone who is not seeking for top results is really good.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Per, I don't want to spoil Your hopes but I don't remember any car which started as a low-budget private project and later become internationally competitive. I mean the car either is good from the start or not. Some development is sure possible but usually no miracle steps are possible on already built car.
    I´m not hoping for anything but many cars during the years have evolved during it´s age. And who doesn´t want it to be good in the end? This is a private project but I said if MM kind of took over, it could be good in the end. Or is the basic car/engine/bodyshell not suited for rallying or what do I miss?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...