Page 461 of 747 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511561 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,610 of 7463
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Bit higher than usual means the car has an unsolvable handicap since the beginning.
    The Fabia S2000 was also a bit higher than competition and it was a winner. This Iriz has a good wheel base and they can stretch it to R5 max width, so being a few more mms tall isn't a drama.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    I saw the Proton Iriz today at Goodwood. If nothing else, it sounds good! Very early days set up wise, but it didn't look overly slow.

I got one clip of it if anyone cares to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_nZaHe16rU

3. Likes: aykutbilir (2nd July 2017),itix (1st July 2017),Rally Power (1st July 2017),Simmi (2nd July 2017),skarderud (1st July 2017),TWRC (1st July 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    The Fabia S2000 was also a bit higher than competition and it was a winner. This Iriz has a good wheel base and they can stretch it to R5 max width, so being a few more mms tall isn't a drama.
    Don't get me wrong but I believe that Škoda had a lot more resources than MEM to cope with it. To have a handicap at the start is bigger problem for smaller teams with lower budget. With Satria they actually had an advantage in the size of the bodyshell and even with that they could not make it fully competitive. What I wanted to say is that now they are not in better situation.

5. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (1st July 2017)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Prestone MSA BRC‏ @MSA_BRC
    We have had a good look around the striking Proton Iriz built to R5 spec by @mellorselliot @fosgoodwood. Exciting things to come!

#M-SPORTER

7. Likes: Mirek (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    So what are peoples thoughts on the Hyundai R5?

It seems to have been entered in a reasonable number of events, often with perhaps not the fastest drivers and has had pretty average results. Obviously Ypre was a little different, but even then with a top line WRC driver in it, it doesn't appear to have been that much quicker than any of the other R5 cars.

Also from watching the footage of Paddon in France last weekend he certainly was on the limit in places by the looks and yes he did have some issues, but was still comfortably beaten by a WRC2 driver. Yes I know tarmac isn't his preferred surface, but he is a WRC driver which should surely count for a lot given the ability to test/prepare/have the best of everything.

So is the Hyundai a bit of an average car, without that last little bit to be as competitive as the Skoda and Ford?

9. Likes: Jarek Z (11th July 2017),RS (12th July 2017)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    So what are peoples thoughts on the Hyundai R5?
    I think you are right. It seems Hyundai is a reliable car, without many technical issues, but it isn't as fast as Ford or Skoda. As far as I know i20 R5 hasn't won any important international rally. It has to be mentioned though, that there aren't many top drivers who drive this car on a regular basis. Giandomenico Basso is probably the only exception.

But success is still possible in this car. Iván Ares won Rallye de Ferrol on the last weekend in the Spanish rally championship.
    Final results:
    http://www.autoklub.pl/news/foto/201...708_77760h.jpg

http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

11. Likes: RS (12th July 2017)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Marijan Griebel is going to try Hyundai R5 in a few days:
    https://www.fiaerc.com/erc-junior-gr...warm-up-rally/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Neuville debuted new jokers in Ypres, Pernía with same specs in Ferrol.

Afaik, Hyundai is much expensive than Ford, and performance not much better.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Neuville debuted new jokers in Ypres, Pernía with same specs in Ferrol.

Afaik, Hyundai is much expensive than Ford, and performance not much better.
    This is the bit I struggle with, does anyone know (and is allowed to talk about) the actual cost of the various R5s? I assume the Skoda is more expensive, and the faster car, but the Ford isn't far behind in price or performance?

And from what I have heard the Ford is easier to maintain/get work done on it, whereas Skoda Motorsport need to be involved more in servicing of cars they produce? But of course this is all conjecture based on rumour, so curious if anyone is able to confirm any of it?

But totally agree, the Hyundai doesn't seem to have many top line drivers so far, perhaps struggling to break into the market? Seems that perhaps they need someone good in the car for a decent period of time to prove it's ability?

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Fiesta is reasonably cheaper both to buy and to run than Fabia, also thanks to the low GBP exchange rate after Brexit referendum. Also the customer support from M-Sport is the best You can get among all R5 on the market.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump