Page 447 of 747 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 7463
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Whoever is sponsering Bergkvist in WRC2 need to buy or rent him a better car, preferably a Fabia. He has very little gain on his career in the ageing DS3.

He has the talent, but not able to show it now.
    I am actually thinking that he has hit a roof and has stopped developing. Sure, the Ds 3 is not the best but there are plenty of people doing better result than him, in the same car.

He did great in the Opel and he did a very good Valais and some good performances in Swedish rallies in a group N Mitsubishi, but apart from that he hasn't really managed to do anything special.

His stage times are awful.

I am not so impressed by him anymore.

Maybe he'll surprise me in the future and I really hope he will because it was too long ago that we had a good Swedish driver.

Also he is associated with Citroen officially so I doubt they will "buy him a skoda or similar"

2. Likes: WUff1 (10th April 2017)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Does seem that he's in danger of being another Sepp Weigand but as itix says, I think one of those sponsors is Citroen, so he's unlikely to change. In theory he's a development driver too, so maybe he'll get a chance to prove himself with the new C3 R5 at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Sad thing is that Sepp actually hasn't stopped his development. He was doing notable progress on every event where he started from one year to another. For example here on Barum his results were 10th-4th-2nd in the three years he did in works car. The average time loss was 1,94s/km (with an off), 0,78s/km, 0,22s/km. It simply isn't fair to say he stopped developing his skills.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017),TWRC (10th April 2017)
    Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    I was talking about Berqvist performance at asphalt rally,like Corse.
    I don't think the asphalt rally as it self is a cause. I have witnessed Bergkvist on every surface - snow, gravel, asphalt. I can confirm he was excellent on asphalt (in Germany WRC 2015 on Opel R2) in every aspect. Yes, Tour de Corse is different type of tarmac but still...

7. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    He was absolutely perfect in Barum too when he drove the Adam. I don't know what is wrong with him now.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    The thing with Bergkvist is that I think - even if the car wasn't reliable or the best out there - he'd still be flashing some pace and some good stage times occasionally. It really doesn't feel like we're seeing any of that at the moment. I hope he can put something together this year - as like everyone else I really enjoyed watching him in the Adam. Saw him absolutely balls out on the last stage of the Circuit of Ireland in 2015 where he beat Griebel.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

11. Likes: dimviii (10th April 2017),Jarek Z (10th April 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    guys as we have said plenty of times,that somebody was fast with r2 doesn't quarante that he will be fast at higher category.We ve seen it for years,as we ve seen that drivers without being top at small category,drove better at higher categories.
    Simmi wrote it perfect,if he had some potential we had to see some good times at some stages.We haven't,at least till now.
    Its pitty with such patronising from Citroen and Serderidis,but that's life.

13. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017)
    Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    guys as we have said plenty of times,that somebody was fast with r2 doesn't quarante that he will be fast at higher category.
    I have a theory - "if you are quick on FWD you will succeed on 4WD too". It's not only a theory it's proven by my observations through the years how drivers are making step from FWD to 4WD. OK, it's based more or less on Baltic countries drivers but it worked in countless examples - Tanak, Koitla, Parn, Kaur, Neiksan's brothers, Sirmacis, Rovanpera jr. and so on.
    Lefebvre was the first one who made a crack in my theory. I was impressed by him in ERC Liepaja 2013 when he being first time on snow start to beat all the locals. I had a great expectations regarding to him. I tend to agree to forumer who said that he is too fast-tracked in his career development.

15. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    guys as we have said plenty of times,that somebody was fast with r2 doesn't quarante that he will be fast at higher category.
    ...but Bergkvist was fast with R5 car. And he was fast instantly after switching from R2 car to R5 car. That 4th place from Valais 2015 with P208 T16 wasnīt just a coincidence. I know You will say one good result isnīt prove of anything but I still believe in him and his skills. On the other hand I admit I am confused, because it is clearly possible to drive the DS3 R5 much faster on tarmac.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

17. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    is it enough a 4th place at Valais at once time,for success when you step at wrc 2 level?
    its not easy,we see that its not easy even for the big category with the highest level drivers.
    Mikkelsen Kopecky Camilli Suninen is at a higher level,and this is the level you have to measure if you want to go forward.
    Its not easy,and its impossible to be all drivers who make the step to wrc2 ,at top level,even if they are champions at lower category.
    its exactly the same, as when somebody step from r5 to wrc machine.

19. Likes: Jarek Z (10th April 2017)