Page 15 of 109 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I only have Wed afternoon and all of Thu, trying to decide what to do and have a few questions.

I will be flying in to LHR early Wed and was thinking of trying to make it to shakedown. I will not have slept much on the flight I'm sure so wonder if it's worth the time.

Schedule says they finish shakedown at 1300, Do the crews finish quickly or do they pretty much use up all the time?
    It would be cool to walk around the service area but is there anything else to do in the service area after 1300?
    I know you can get the shakedown access via the 4 day rally pass but can you just get into shakedown? How Much?

I still haven't decided where to stay and what to do for Thursday.

Thanks.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    If you're only there for a 1.5 days, dont bother with the 4 day WR pass, just pay on the gate. Great Orme is Ł20, Cloggy is Ł10, Shakedown is usually Ł15.

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-N-Black
    I will be flying in to LHR early Wed and was thinking of trying to make it to shakedown.
    Keep in mind the drive from LHR to Builth will be the best part of 4hrs. The last time they ran a 'proper' shakedown the top crews were finished by 11am.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Back-N-Black
    I only have Wed afternoon and all of Thu, trying to decide what to do and have a few questions.

I will be flying in to LHR early Wed and was thinking of trying to make it to shakedown. I will not have slept much on the flight I'm sure so wonder if it's worth the time.

Schedule says they finish shakedown at 1300, Do the crews finish quickly or do they pretty much use up all the time?
    It would be cool to walk around the service area but is there anything else to do in the service area after 1300?
    I know you can get the shakedown access via the 4 day rally pass but can you just get into shakedown? How Much?

I still haven't decided where to stay and what to do for Thursday.

Thanks.
    What time do you land? We depart LHR at 6:30 in the morning and we are driving down to Wales.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Do they recce all stages of just stages they are competing?
    The ones they compete in, but some organizers let them do all (if they apply, the crews, I mean)...
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm looking at going to either Myherin and or Sweet Lamb. By the look of it there is only the one car park at Myherin. I went there a couple of years ago but didn't find any particularly great spots to view from - but we didn't walk too far... Any tips? I'm only really able to make the Saturday.

Cheers

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whereschris
    I'm looking at going to either Myherin and or Sweet Lamb. By the look of it there is only the one car park at Myherin. I went there a couple of years ago but didn't find any particularly great spots to view from - but we didn't walk too far... Any tips? I'm only really able to make the Saturday.

Cheers
    It's a bit unfortunate that the Spectator car park for Myherin only provides access to the most boring part of the stage. The best sections are the first 5-6kms from the start at 'Pikes Peak' and the first Wind Farm; and then the last 5-6kms at the second Wind Farm.

Both areas will involve a very long walk to reach from the Spectator car park though.
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, first post on this forum and apologies if this has already been discussed.

This saturday will be my first time going to see a rally and was looking for some advice. I'm thinking of going to the Sweet Lamb stage and was wondering when is the best time to get to the car park, does it fill up quickly? Any other tips/advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Fly Half

Has anyone got any tips for Hafren?

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteHart
    Hi, first post on this forum and apologies if this has already been discussed.

This saturday will be my first time going to see a rally and was looking for some advice. I'm thinking of going to the Sweet Lamb stage and was wondering when is the best time to get to the car park, does it fill up quickly? Any other tips/advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    Get there early, at least 2 hours before. Its a big parking area, but i surgest getting there very early morning, or night before with a few beers. Always a party atmosphear in that carpark. Get a bit of kip in the car.