Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Because Rossi's bike hit his neck/head.
    Sadly the helmet might have become damaged enough to just need a tap from one of the other riders.( seen this happen a number of time in high impact bike crashes with the job i do) As far Rossi hitting his head,it looks like a glancing blow. The impact of this accident will effect Rossi and Edwards more than they will realise, Rossi more as he was a close friend of Simoncelli. I along with others wish his family and friends my sympathys and prayers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bad Week for Motorsport as a whole, Marco was a good MotoGP rider, and will be missed.

RIP Marco.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Devastated by the loss of Marco. An immense talent who seemingly was just starting to get his head around how to piece a race weekend together. The 2nd at PI was a great way to remember his style and attitude. My thoughts are with his family, friends, the Gresini squad and the larger MotoGP family.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Farewell Marco, RIP. My thoughts are with your family, friends and fans, and all those involved in motorcycle racing. I feel very sad for Colin and Valentino for what they must be going through at this time.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

IMHO there is nothing more tragic in motorsport than losing an individual who's time ended too soon and arguably was on the verge of greatness. Yes, there was many a time when Marco was too quick for his own good and crash but there was also times where he showed he was a naturally gifted rider by out-riding his Gresini Honda and mixing it up with the factory Hondas.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    more horrible news, another freak accident, it seems this one would have been a perfectly innocuous low side had Marco not nearly kept the bike up on his knee, causing him to come across the track rather than disappear into the gravel. Really cannot see what more can be done in this case, if a rider is on the track then there is a chance of being hit and the consequences are always severe and often fatal. A cruel waste of a life, and just as he was comng into some serious front running form and had a works honda ride for next year, big shame, gutted
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

R.I.P Marco..

an amazing character, freakishly talented rider and one of my great idols.

you will be missed.
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    R i p #58

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I still cant believe this, im gutted

He was such an amazing rider who always gave his all, even if it did get him in a spot of bother at times!

RIP Marco, your going to be missed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Still in disbelief this end - thoughts are with family, friends, team and fans.

For now, words fail me.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008