Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lightbulb Cost of IRC/S2000

Hi guys,

I'm new here, it seems like a great forum with some insider contributors.
    So, I was wondering how much does it cost for someone like Bouffier, Neuville or Mikkelsen to run for a full season in IRC & what about the price per tarmac event?

Also I thought I would find this info easier, but what's the price for SS & road kilometer run for the Fabia, 207 or Fiesta?

I have heard before that the Fiesta(M-Sport...) is more expensive than the others, while the Fabia is the best all rounder and there's lots of data sharing between their teams. I guess the 207 has the best engine from Pipo, but also the rebuilds must be little more often as well...

Thanks a lot!

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    There has been some discussions on here before, this will give you an idea http://fiestas2000.com/index.php/com...ales-Document/

Not cheap thats for sure!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Engine 207 is from Sodemo (or others)
    Engine Fiesta is from Pipo....
    Engine Fabia Oreca

Hard to say what it costs for the people you mention, as Mikkelsen is supported by Skoda UK, Neuville is supported by Peugeot Belgium/Luxembourg so the have different pricing as it is 'works or semi works effort'....

But to do everything in a good way, for a big IRC or WRC event count close or over 100.000 euro per event.....
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't want to know how much exactly these drivers spend from their own or sponsors pockets, I just want to know how much is the racing km cost for these cars and how much overall the top teams & average teams spend on a normal IRC rally.
    Also, I guess the Skodas must have lots of car & data engineers, what about the other top runners? Just one car & one data engineer?

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    Engine 207 is from Sodemo (or others)
    Engine Fiesta is from Pipo....
    Engine Fabia Oreca

Hard to say what it costs for the people you mention, as Mikkelsen is supported by Skoda UK, Neuville is supported by Peugeot Belgium/Luxembourg so the have different pricing as it is 'works or semi works effort'....

But to do everything in a good way, for a big IRC or WRC event count close or over 100.000 euro per event.....

Bob, are you sure that price for WRC and IRC event is similar? My experiences are completely different...

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by betafan
    I don't want to know how much exactly these drivers spend from their own or sponsors pockets, I just want to know how much is the racing km cost for these cars and how much overall the top teams & average teams spend on a normal IRC rally.
    Also, I guess the Skodas must have lots of car & data engineers, what about the other top runners? Just one car & one data engineer?
    Everything depends on lot of things. Depends on place, where is the rally held, depends on kms, if the team has more cars there, quality of car and service etc. For example price for Rallye Monte Carlo is different from Barum Rally. Usual IRC round you can make with S2000 car in price between 24 000 euro till 90 000 euro.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by betafan
    Why don t you ask teams directly? There is no a price somebody can tell you.2 different Fiestas/Fabias/207s can have a very different price.And the cheap one maybe is very expensive at last.There are hundrets of details to fix the cost of a s2000 car.Ie how many rallies?,how far?,insurance? what spec car late or old? tyres including or excluded? and hundrets other points.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Everything depends on lot of things. Depends on place, where is the rally held, depends on kms, if the team has more cars there, quality of car and service etc. For example price for Rallye Monte Carlo is different from Barum Rally. Usual IRC round you can make with S2000 car in price between 24 000 euro till 90 000 euro.
    Pluto, with all respect to you, as you have a lot of expirience running a S2000 car, amount up to 90.000 eur is a bit excessive, don't you think?? I will tell different comparison: team TAM-AUTO from Italy rents a Xsara WRC for one TRA rally (120 km of stages/one day) for app. 37.000 Eur. True, IRC race lasts up to three days, with 200-250 competitive km, but neverless WRC is much, much more expensive to run as S2000. Agree??

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    are you sure that price for WRC and IRC event is similar? My experiences are completely different...
    Look at original question, "So, I was wondering how much does it cost for someone like Bouffier, Neuville or Mikkelsen to run for a full season in IRC & what about the price per tarmac event? "...

Guys like that do recce with proper recce car and recce service, their cars are always or nearly always to latest spec, not with the diff 'could' do 1 more rally lets see if it holds....

I agree there are other prices around, but hard to compare 'basic' service to what Neuville and Mikkelsen are doing....
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 825 Times in 373 Posts
    90000 could be true..

Neuville gets almost before every rally minimal a test day probably around 100 km's.. A full spec 207 with latest updates, the best Michelin tires, top notch service of Kronos plus almost the whole car get revised after a rally. Like what u say about that Xsara, the Xsara is very old compared to the 207 what Neuville drives and is probably not full spec has no latest updates because they don't exist, best tires there are available will they also not have I think. Also no test, the Xsara get probably revised after 600-1000 km's? And like u already said the rally is much shorter..