Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    So the "Ice Man" was unwilling to wash the windows at Williams then...
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Bah, no English link? That means this is worthless news!
    Blimey ioan, you actually got something right for once

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    I'm more positive about that. Maldonado is inconsistent, but seems to have a tough character on track, getting penalties in the process. Historically some fan groups certainly like these kind of drivers and he would be more visible if the car was better. Sutil has had an impressive season and is certainly worthy of that drive.
    I just can't get excited about either- I'm a Williams supporter from the days of Alan Jones- to see them reduced to (likely) running 2 rent-a-rides in 2012- neither of whom will ever be a race winner let alone a championship contender is depressing. as for Sutil- he's been largely eclipsed by di Resta this year. Still they can only perform to the level of the car they've been given- since this years Williams is a s*** box then Maldo was never going to shine. I think I'm probably still annoyed they dumped the more talented Hulkenberg for someone with a wad of cash

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I just can't get excited about either- I'm a Williams supporter from the days of Alan Jones- to see them reduced to (likely) running 2 rent-a-rides in 2012- neither of whom will ever be a race winner let alone a championship contender is depressing. as for Sutil- he's been largely eclipsed by di Resta this year. Still they can only perform to the level of the car they've been given- since this years Williams is a s*** box then Maldo was never going to shine. I think I'm probably still annoyed they dumped the more talented Hulkenberg for someone with a wad of cash
    So looking at the situation realistically, who would you get excited about in next year's Williams? Barrichello? Van der Garde? Buemi? Senna? Grosjean? Heidfeld?

Williams as a team has fallen so low that they can't easily attract 'popular' drivers any more, so the fans of the team ought to be content with 'merely' decent drivers as well.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Sutil and Barrichello is probably the strongest line up that looks likely to be available.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Sutil and Barrichello is probably the strongest line up that looks likely to be available.
    Not gonna happen unless the PDVSA deal goes tits up.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    I guess that means that Maldo & Sutil will be at Williams next year- a combo which is as exciting as watching paint dry.
    Williams are lucky to be in a situation where Sutil may drive for them next year. I wonder if having Sam Michael away from the design team will change Williams' fortunes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So looking at the situation realistically, who would you get excited about in next year's Williams? Barrichello? Van der Garde? Buemi? Senna? Grosjean? Heidfeld?

Williams as a team has fallen so low that they can't easily attract 'popular' drivers any more, so the fans of the team ought to be content with 'merely' decent drivers as well.
    yes I know what the situation is and understand why they cannot attract an Alonso to the team. Raikkonen/ Barichello would have been more interesting- although that obviously won't happen. I'm hoping that Barichello will come back again next year.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I hope that Rubens stays in Williams. I am not a fan of him, but still he had a good career and I will like to see him in a "Williams-Renault" car...
    Formula 1

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I'm more positive about that. Maldonado is inconsistent, but seems to have a tough character on track, getting penalties in the process. Historically some fan groups certainly like these kind of drivers and he would be more visible if the car was better. Sutil has had an impressive season and is certainly worthy of that drive.
    I also would like to see Sutil and Maldonado in Williams. It's more interesting to see whether Sutil can succeed instead of watching Barrichello keep trying to make his one last statement in sport before retiring..

It would be better for the team too. It seems like Williams is onto something with Renault engine and several new faces on staff. It may take a long time to produce good results, even if they do everything right. It seems like it would have been better to start working with a driver who is experienced, and yet young enough to continue driving should they want to develop a long term relationship with that driver.