Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Arrow Indian GP Thread

Well, never thought I'd be making this thread. Still 10 days to go, but I guess the thread had to be started some time. What better time than now, what better place than here.

The track seems to have been completed in time. Still a last few touches remaining. Still I'm happy it was completed, I thought we'd never see it done judging by pictures from a month ago! Neel Jani did a few laps in a Red Bull show car, so at least it's ready to race, I would assume. Let's see. These are the latest pictures from the media unveiling.

More pictures here: http://www.planet-f1.com/photo-galle...-Track#photo=1

I just hope they did a good job on the tarmac, and not like the usual douchebaggery they do with construction of usual Indian roads. We don't want the Korean GP track coming off scenario again, do we?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mark Webber narrates the presentation of the new Indian circuit, and also says "Namasteyy".

[youtube]K7h5xH1lDLY[/youtube]

Early impression seems to be encouraging.

And an onboard lap on F1 2011:

[youtube]nkpp_r7GQRM[/youtube]

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I can smell the spices in the air..........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    I can smell the spices in the air..........
    I was wondering how long it will take until somebody mentions curry or spices. Apparently not too long.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRaiden
    I was wondering how long it will take until somebody mentions curry or spices. Apparently not too long.
    Whats your take on the farmers trying to sue for more money? Are they going to cause trouble? There was quite a balanced article on it in the Guardian the other day talking about how the farmers probably had been underpaid but they were all wasting the money on drinking and big cars anyway.

Also, whats the local promotion like, are Indians getting whipped up into a frenzy for the race?

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Out of all the Tilkedromes on F12011 I think this is my favourite. Sector 2 is a lot of fun. Although I'm not sure if this will produce great racing.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Whats your take on the farmers trying to sue for more money? Are they going to cause trouble? There was quite a balanced article on it in the Guardian the other day talking about how the farmers probably had been underpaid but they were all wasting the money on drinking and big cars anyway.
    I haven't really read too much about that whole fiasco, but I assume there won't be much problem. Also, I'm pretty sure the farmers were aware of what they were building on that land in the first place, but they wanted to create some trouble, as Indians like to create a big fuss over small things usually. What they don't understand is that if the sports city thing picks up, it will still create a lot of job opportunities for the locals there, but probably not as much as some huge industries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbec
    Also, whats the local promotion like, are Indians getting whipped up into a frenzy for the race?
    I'm not in the country right now, so can't say, although from what my friends told me, it is gathering momentum. A few stupid and annoying things have come out of this as well. People who have no idea about Formula 1 in India, now claim to be "die hard fans" as the GP comes closer and so discussions can get quite irritating, as what one of my friends told me, who's been following F1 since 1994.

Secondly, the circuit organizers slashed the prices by more than half since like maybe 3 months ago, to attempt to get a bigger crowd on raceday. In fact, Sunday prices are now a third of what they were 3 months ago. This is unfair to people who bought their tickets early, because if they waited, now they could have bought three tickets for the price of one. I assume ticket prices will go even further down as we get nearer to the GP as they have a lot of seats and not many people to fill. This would have been a very cheap way to watch an F1 race, but too bad I'm not in India right now, and can't go until next year either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow
    Out of all the Tilkedromes on F12011 I think this is my favourite. Sector 2 is a lot of fun. Although I'm not sure if this will produce great racing.
    Same here. Sector 2 is really challenging to get right, and once you do it's very satisfactory. I've got to play a lot more on this track.

Also, hopefully Codies fix the 11/11 setup bug, because the time trial leaderboard is a joke. I'm hoping it'd probably make the career mode more difficult as well.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    I'm not in the country right now, so can't say, although from what my friends told me, it is gathering momentum. A few stupid and annoying things have come out of this as well. People who have no idea about Formula 1 in India, now claim to be "die hard fans" as the GP comes closer and so discussions can get quite irritating, as what one of my friends told me, who's been following F1 since 1994.
    I heard this too, that well heeled Indians now pretend to be longstanding F1 fans to distinguish themselves from the cricket loving masses but look blankly when asked about drivers like Senna. Hopefully enough of them will stay on to be longstanding fans.

IMO cricket and F1 have similarities, they're both pretty dull from an outsiders perspective but greater knowledge of the sport is strongly rewarded with greater appreciation of the subtleties involved.

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Same here. Sector 2 is really challenging to get right, and once you do it's very satisfactory. I've got to play a lot more on this track.

Also, hopefully Codies hopefully fix the 11/11 setup bug, because the time trial leaderboard is a joke. I'm hoping it'd probably make the career mode more difficult as well.

Well the easiest way to make the career mode more difficult is not to use 11/11!

I'm in my first year at Lotus on 'Expert' (legend A.i no assists) and I'm not using suspension over 8/8. I managed to outqualify Maldonado at India, which felt great. 1.5 seconds quicker than Trulli!

I'm doing an online league where we all agree to use maximum suspension settings of 7/8 and the competition at the front is quite intense. We are usually within 0.8 tenths of each other.

I really hope that the Force India team get a good result here. Go di Resta!!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!