Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Company Car

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark

I think my mirrors are heated, but I've not seen any evidence of it, the heated windscreen is great but the rear dimister is very poor!
    I think you automatically get heated mirrors if you have the heated screen but I do agree that you hardly notice you've got that function. I do quite like the heated screen but if its a thick frost you still have to scrape the ice off anyway.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I think you automatically get heated mirrors if you have the heated screen but I do agree that you hardly notice you've got that function. I do quite like the heated screen but if its a thick frost you still have to scrape the ice off anyway.
    Unless Pilkington have upped their build quality, the biggest issue with the Ford 'Quick Clear' (that's bollocks for a start) is barcoding as individual elements fail. This increases the load on the remaining elements and thus you get a catch22.....
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Perhaps they've been subcontracting the work to Karl Pilkington...
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Unless Pilkington have upped their build quality, the biggest issue with the Ford 'Quick Clear' (that's bollocks for a start) is barcoding as individual elements fail. This increases the load on the remaining elements and thus you get a catch22.....
    Is element failure quite a common problem? My first windscreen lasted a good 3 and a half years before it collided with a stone travelling at speed and needed to be replaced. I've had my current screen about 18 months but neither have suffered from broken elements. Maybe I've just been lucky.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Is element failure quite a common problem? My first windscreen lasted a good 3 and a half years before it collided with a stone travelling at speed and needed to be replaced. I've had my current screen about 18 months but neither have suffered from broken elements. Maybe I've just been lucky.
    Certainly seems to be a regular enough annoyance if the S-Max owners forum is anything to go by.....

Plus that fact that my July '07 S-Max is suffering early stage element failure. I might have to start driving up the chuff of gravel lorries to get it sorted...!!!!!!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.