Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    Good advice is always valuable. However, the highlighted part is none of your, or anyone else's, business who is not a citizen of the US.
    That was my point. In a similar way, most Afghans and Somalis probably think it's not business of anyone who's not a citizen of Afghanistan or Somalia or a member of their tribe to decide who their leaders or political system should be.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    That was my point. In a similar way, most Afghans and Somalis probably think it's not business of anyone who's not a citizen of Afghanistan or Somalia or a member of their tribe to decide who their leaders or political system should be.
    Shame the "like" button's disappeared.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Let's see what the Afgans say when the US troops leave
    Are they there on their own, just I could have sworn other armies are there too, or is this the Saving Private Ryan / Enigma Code version of the war/conflict?

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Let's see what the Afgans say when the US troops leave and the country is in a full blown civil war and/or the Taliban is in complete charge again.
    Seeing as Karzai's policies are becoming more and more similar to those of the Taliban, and the fact that more than half the country is already in the Taliban's hands, I'd say the majority of the population will welcome them with open arms.
    A great deal of collaborators, who don't change colours right away, will probably lose their arms though.
    The women's rights ladies will get lashings and/or stonings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    Are they there on their own, just I could have sworn other armies are there too, or is this the Saving Private Ryan / Enigma Code version of the war/conflict?
    Not really. Go look for the numbers, they are all insignificant compared to the US, except perhaps the British - they have a massive 10% of US troops.

Funny thing is, there has been a 2200% increase in US casualties since 2002 till 2010, I betcha it might just reach 50x by the time they withdraw.

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    If I had some turd sitting in my back yard with an M16 and his buddies in a tank on the road in front of my house, I would feel occupied as well...
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Compared to Bush's fumbles in Afghanistan and Iraq, Obama handled the Libya situation quite well. He didn't piss off his potential allies and didn't send in occupying forces to piss off the Libyans.
    I could really use a fish right now

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    Not really. Go look for the numbers, they are all insignificant compared to the US, except perhaps the British - they have a massive 10% of US troops.

Funny thing is, there has been a 2200% increase in US casualties since 2002 till 2010, I betcha it might just reach 50x by the time they withdraw.
    Insignificant !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10629358

bet their parents, children, wives , mates are well chuffed to find out they were insignificant!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Compared to Bush's fumbles in Afghanistan and Iraq, Obama handled the Libya situation quite well. He didn't piss off his potential allies and didn't send in occupying forces to piss off the Libyans.
    No he let the Brits and the French sort it, again.

Insignificant !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10629358

bet their parents, children, wives , mates are well chuffed to find out they were insignificant!
    Nice, how you turned it around.
    I meant their insignificances in number compared to Americans and I clearly gave the British and exception in my post. Of course, you knew this.

I don't believe they were conscripted into their respective service. They all made a choice. A stupid choice.

Your terrorist attacks weren't perpetrated by Afghans. Those terrorist attacks in 2005 were carried out by British citizens. Maybe you guys should have dealt with this crap in home instead of sending significantly more people, than those who died in the attacks, to their graves in Afghanistan.

Yeah, how many weep for these "insignificant" soldiers?
    Everyone shed tear in 2005.

Do you think in hindsight their wives and children would still let them go to Afghanistan to die or be dismembered in insignificance as they lost this so called war?

No he let the Brits and the French sort it, again.
    Hang on a second there, didn't NATO prove itself incapable of waging war against Libya without American firepower (read Tomahawk missiles) and leadership?

I recall something like that, hum...

What exactly do you mean by "again"?