Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrambide
    It was Hemingway who said that "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.", every driver knows that they can die any day, every fan knows the drivers can die any day, their family knows it, and yet, no one wants it to happen, and yet it is still sad and painful.
    Jose I am so glad you brought out that Hemmingway quote. At this moment it is very appropriate.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIP Dan

May this be the end of open wheel pack racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hearing that Andretti had signed him into the Go-Daddy car the morning of today's race makes it even sadder...with his testing of the new car and back on a quality team, the potential for 2012 and on was significant. He achieved a lot in his career, but had so much potential success ahead.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I broke down and cried and sobbed like a little kid when I heard this incredible tragic horrible news. I'm just stunned and bewildered and like Tomas Scheckter tweeted, I am waiting to wake up from this nightmare and find Dan alive and well and flashing that bright infectious smile to the whole world. The thing that made Dan so special was his love for the sport and his love for Indianapolis. He could have gone so many different ways with the talent God blessed him with, yet he came back to Indy and IndyCars time and time again. His love was genuine. His love was pure. And his love will be missed and mourned always. Even greater than his love for Indy was his love for his family. We must all hold Suzie and the boys in our hearts and prayers and will them the strength to survive this time of immense grief. Those kids should always know what a great man their dad was and his lessons were taught on and off the track. Dan's enduring legacy will be in the family he leaves behind and the wonderful racing memories he leaves behind in the hearts of all IndyCar fans. I still remember the first race he drove for Panther in a car that looked a lot like Sam Hornish Jr's car and I found myself remarking to myself during that race that Hornish had better keep looking in his rear view mirror for this talented young Briton. And he eclipsed Sam rapidly. And in the end, won the greatest prize, a Borg Warner Trophy, earlier than his mentor. I miss you so much already , 2 time Indianapolis 500 Champion, IndyCar Champion: DAN WHELDON
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIP champ, another great young talent whos life was taken way too early, my sympathy for Mr. Wheldons family and friends
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan, we miss you and we will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rest in piece, Dan... I expected that after yesterday, but hoped that he'll survive... it's extremely sad. He was a great driver.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dan Wheldon, a true racer. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

God Bless You, Rest in Peace.
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Terrible news. Thoughts are with his family and friends.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Tragic Reminder

I just got a chance to watch the race broadcast.........

RIP Dan Wheldon....
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ