Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

The 'one move' rule clarified

Methinks this is going to open up a can of worms.

Stricter version of 'one move' rule to be adopted for Korean Grand Prix - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Article 16.1 is a joke, just like the team orders ban.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Interesting that they can now also hand out a reprimand at the same time as a drive through.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, I might be the only one, but I think that this is a good idea.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought team orders were now allowable. Perhaps you're saying it was a joke when it was illegal.

I think this is a good thing too, because it's a clarification of what one move means. The article mentions how people were critical of Schumacher's driving in Monza against Hamilton, that he drove to the limit of the regulations. I find that a strange criticism, because any driver who isn't driving to the limit of the regulations to defend a position shouldn't be in the car imo. What this does is clarify what the limit is.

I also sense an indirect reference to Vettel's Japan start against Button. I thought what he did was fine. He put Button in a position where Button had to decide between crashing, going onto the grass or lifting off.

The thing that I think is a joke is the reprimand system. It seems far too unclear. I think a points system makes more sense, where a driver can miss a race through accumulating bad driving. The problem with imposing a race ban system, though, is commercial. Imagine Vettel missing the German GP, Hamilton missing the British GP or Alonso missing the Spanish GP. The organisers would lose a lot of money, and I don't know if it would be good for the sport's image. They need to clarify the penalty system more first.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I'm getting tired of this "sport" being driven into the ground with all these gimmicks.

Tires that randomly fall off the car, Super mario cart turbo buttons for the slower drivers to make up for their lack of skill/tech, no defending your position. What's next, banana peels and oil slicks on the track? Maybe some random explosions, too? Maybe your rev limiter drops down to barely keeping the car running if you have been driving for more than a lap and haven't passed anyone or been passed?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    I'm getting tired of this "sport" being driven into the ground with all these gimmicks.

Tires that randomly fall off the car, Super mario cart turbo buttons for the slower drivers to make up for their lack of skill/tech, no defending your position. What's next, banana peels and oil slicks on the track? Maybe some random explosions, too? Maybe your rev limiter drops down to barely keeping the car running if you have been driving for more than a lap and haven't passed anyone or been passed?
    Agreed.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    This seems to be drivers abdicating their own responsibility. They are the ones racing. They know the potential risks. They should have enough respect for each other not to need yet more rules telling them what is, or isn't, acceptable.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As I understood it, it was pretty clear. You took the racing line.

If a driver behind was making a legitimate attempt at a pass, you had respect for other drivers and didn't put them in a barrier or off the track.

If they were taking the pi$$ by having a go where there was no chance (like Massa tried to do the other day) then you closed the door.

The problem is that Racing is so much safer than it used to be and all drivers coming through the ranks think they can act like (some) F1 drivers.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Perhaps the Race Director should have direct access to the driver radio instead of having to issue warnings via the team.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    The problem is that Racing is so much safer than it used to be and all drivers coming through the ranks think they can act like (some) F1 drivers.
    Another problem is the way in which there is now a perceived need in all walks of life to always have a mechanism for apportioning blame.