Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts

What ever happened to ... ??

Browsing through some of my old pics i realised that many of previous rally drivers are "lost" nowadays and i would like to know what they are up to competition wise or if they quit everything and started their own colibri milking company...

so if anyone has any ifo on the following please share

Natalie Barratt
    Simon j-j (i know he is mentor of Centikaya)
    Andreas Eigner
    Aki Teiskonen
    Vladan Vasiljevic

It would be nice to use this thread to answer questions about the present of some previous known (or not so well known) rally drivers.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Simon j-j (i know he is mentor of Centikaya)
    Andreas Eigner
    I suppose you mean Andreas Aigner. From what I know, in 2011 he competed in the Austrian Championship with a Clio R3.
    About Jean-Joseph I read some time ago that Petter Solberg wanted to help him (don't know in which way) to come back racing after 2 or 3 years of stop. In 2011 he took part in some French gravel rallies with a 207 S2000.

친애하는 지도자
    No, not Aigner...i know his whereabouts

i mean the Czech former Formula 3 champion driver and local rally driver (at least in mid 00s) with focus wrc in czech and slovakian championship...His name was something like that Eiger, Eigner...

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts

i mean the Czech former Formula 3 champion driver and local rally driver (at least in mid 00s) with focus wrc in czech and slovakian championship...His name was something like that Eiger, Eigner...
    Ah, sorry, I thought you mean Aigner.

If I may add one name: I'd like to know what happened to Urmo Aava. I know he is not competing anymore, and now he is involved with some Estonian young drivers, but he quit due to a particular reason? I remember in 2009 he did the first 2 WRC events with the Ford Focus of the Stobart Team, but then nothing more...

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts

You mean Tomáš Enge!
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206
    Ah, sorry, I thought you mean Aigner.

If I may add one name: I'd like to know what happened to Urmo Aava. I know he is not competing anymore, and now he is involved with some Estonian young drivers, but he quit due to a particular reason? I remember in 2009 he did the first 2 WRC events with the Ford Focus of the Stobart Team, but then nothing more...
    Aava also did Rally Finland in 2009 in a Civic Type R R3 and now he is organising Rally Estonia every year.
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by tolis
    You mean Tomáš Enge!
    Yes thats the one...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Aava also did Rally Finland in 2009 in a Civic Type R R3 and now he is organising Rally Estonia every year.
    You're quite right. He quitted due to lack of funds to compete in WRC and I guess driving in Estonian events was not an option for him anymore. At the moment he runs his own business.

Well, to be honest, he was never a WRC factory team material but a good solid driver.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    You mean Tomáš Enge!
    Tomáš has always been at first circuit driver. He used to drive rallies mostly for fun. Last year he drove Rally Vyškov, the year before complete Czech rallysprint championship with CNG Lancer. I must say he has always been very spectacular and fast. But his main job remains on circuits, in last couple of years it's been GT1 world championship where he drives Aston Martin (5x podium this year). He also drove several endurance circuit events.

For sure his talent could result in something more but he somehow didn't handle the opportunities. After the F3000 and some testing of F1 (I think one GP in F1 also) there was the marijuna story plus there were several really hard crashes with long time healing...

His website in English: http://www.tomas-enge.cz/EN/home.html
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206
    I suppose you mean Andreas Aigner. From what I know, in 2011 he competed in the Austrian Championship with a Clio R3.
    About Jean-Joseph I read some time ago that Petter Solberg wanted to help him (don't know in which way) to come back racing after 2 or 3 years of stop. In 2011 he took part in some French gravel rallies with a 207 S2000.
    Simon Jean-Joseph is doing the French gravel championship this year. He did 4 of the 5 events until now there and his results were 1st (Xsara WRC), 1st, 1st and 3rd (207 S2000). I think he even has a chance to gain the title.
    The final event of the French gravel season is the Terre du Vaucluse on 12-13 November.