Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    You have to wonder why Atko didn't spend some of his own money to fund a WRC drive. I don't think it fair to say he was underpaid by Subaru.
    he wasn't paid at all...

if i remember correctly the funds for his drive were from Subaru Oz...i think if he was paid it would be from personal sponsors and i doubt it would be enough.

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    he wasn't paid at all...

if i remember correctly the funds for his drive were from Subaru Oz...i think if he was paid it would be from personal sponsors and i doubt it would be enough.

Could it have something to do with that he drove four full seasons and more than 60 rallys for Subaru and was faster than his teammate in only an handfull of them??

If you guys keep this up i have to put him on the "overrated" list

친애하는 지도자
    I do not think Atkinson is underated or overated as far as ability goes...he was unlucky because when he started to be consistently faster than Solberg the Subaru team pulled out...

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Could it have something to do with that he drove four full seasons and more than 60 rallys for Subaru and was faster than his teammate in only an handfull of them??

If you guys keep this up i have to put him on the "overrated" list
    3.5 seasons part of his 2006 run was done with Subaru OZ not the SWRT.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    You have to wonder why Atko didn't spend some of his own money to fund a WRC drive. I don't think it fair to say he was underpaid by Subaru.
    I wondered that about good ol Colin Mc who had famously said "I'd do this for nothing" and who it was repeatedly reported that he was "The highest paid driver in the WRC" and yet when no contracts arrived, seemingly shugged and didn't spend a penny --as far as we know---to continue in WRC.
    Guess it wasn't so important to him.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    I wondered that about good ol Colin Mc who had famously said "I'd do this for nothing" and who it was repeatedly reported that he was "The highest paid driver in the WRC" and yet when no contracts arrived, seemingly shugged and didn't spend a penny --as far as we know---to continue in WRC.
    Guess it wasn't so important to him.
    +1. Chris comes from a wealthy Australian family. They could have put some money up for him to do something OR After Ireland 2009 Chris could have put some money forward and done a few events as he is a multi-millionaire himself and waited until something better came along. I wonder if he is as fast now as he was way back when...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The late Mikael Sundström. As fast as his teammate Juha Kankkunen on his good days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Jean Ragnotti. Very big driver imho,but his marriage with Renault didn t let him to show us more of his talent.
    Most spectacular asphalt rally driver I've ever seen.

+1. Chris comes from a wealthy Australian family. They could have put some money up for him to do something OR After Ireland 2009 Chris could have put some money forward and done a few events as he is a multi-millionaire himself and waited until something better came along. I wonder if he is as fast now as he was way back when...
    Follow Asia Pacific to find out.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My pick would be Markko Martin, a definite world champion if it wasn't for the tragic accident. Unfortunately at the time he didn't get to be in the best cars, Ford 03 - 04 and Peugeot 307 which were not good enough for even 2nd in championship. It's not hard to understand why teams wants him for testing and feedback.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Ford 03-04 was a rocket mate.