Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was also thinking about Sarrazin and Bryce Tirabassi. They drove for the Subaru squad towards the end of its tenure in the WRC. I think that Sarrazin is a bit wasted in IRC and Tirabassi did well to win the JWRC in 2003. I am unsure to this day why neither got full time drives. I think that Urmo Aava could also be added to this category of "could have been" WRC drivers.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Jean Ragnotti. Very big driver imho,but his marriage with Renault didn t let him to show us more of his talent.

The question est tout le jours "By who underated?"
    If one has eyes one cannot underrate Ragnotti.
    He is a genius, a pleasure to watch..

As for other hugely under-rated drivers I'd say ME! of course!

Alas my marriage to Saab V4....you know the rest!
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstar
    atkinson also comes to my mind first, as i said in another thread before: he was faster then solberg in the last subaru years.
    Maybe, but Petter spent some of his own money, and put together a program.
    Atkinson seems to have simply shrugged and be content with playing with his mate Blockie.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I was also thinking about Sarrazin and Bryce Tirabassi. They drove for the Subaru squad towards the end of its tenure in the WRC. I think that Sarrazin is a bit wasted in IRC and Tirabassi did well to win the JWRC in 2003. I am unsure to this day why neither got full time drives. I think that Urmo Aava could also be added to this category of "could have been" WRC drivers.
    Sarrazin is full-time Peugeot driver in Le Mans series. In IRC he usually drives only RMC and once he drove Ypres with early crash. I must admit he's quite an expert on RMC and I quite expect his guest SWRC entry for 2012 event.

Tirrabassi drove almost complete IRC in 2007 or 2008 but if I remember well he only achieved many retirements from all possible reasons. Later there were only few starts with Impreza S14 in some French events including last WRC Tour de Corse. Last time I remember him from Rallye du Var 2010 with same car...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Yep Tirabassi with the S14 from Ipatec serviced by Wevers Sport. Tirabassi is since his nice JWRC outing quite a failure :-/

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    A man driving a Impreza S14 outpaced by Robert Kubica in a Clio S1600 doesn't deserve a full time drive

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa
    Maybe, but Petter spent some of his own money, and put together a program.
    Atkinson seems to have simply shrugged and be content with playing with his mate Blockie.
    yes but Solberg was lucky enough and was getting some very fat checks from subaru for many years so he spent a small fraction of them to put that program together...Atko was not that lucky.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    As for the main question i would say

Auriol
    Loix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    yes but Solberg was lucky enough and was getting some very fat checks from subaru for many years so he spent a small fraction of them to put that program together...Atko was not that lucky.
    You have to wonder why Atko didn't spend some of his own money to fund a WRC drive. I don't think it fair to say he was underpaid by Subaru.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urabus-denoS2000
    A man driving a Impreza S14 outpaced by Robert Kubica in a Clio S1600 doesn't deserve a full time drive
    OMG I had no idea it went so far down hill. I only managed to see him on a few events in the WRC/JWRC.