Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts

Question Most underrated rallydriver?

Who is the most underrated past or current rallydriver?

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    One who immediately springs to my mind is Dani Sordo. Yes, he's not as good as Loeb but his pace is much, much better than people give him credit for - even on gravel. I get the impression people place him quite a bit below the current 'top 5' drivers in the WRC, but it's my view that if he was given the role of lead driver in a top team (which may happen sooner rather than later with MINI) then he'd compete (not necessarily win, but compete) for titles. Tarmac pace is probably the best in the world, and on gravel I'd put him equal to Mikko and Petter. Unrivalled consistency too.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good question, although maybe it should be "who deserves a drive" ?
    PG comes to mind!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Delecour & Villagra come to mind. Delecour could have been champion in 1994 if he hadn't had an injury and I really enjoyed watching him on Monte Carlo in the Sierra! Villagra has always been very consistent. I think if the Munchi's team invested more on the car he would have been a better customer driver.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Delecour & Villagra come to mind. Delecour could have been champion in 1994 if he hadn't had an injury and I really enjoyed watching him on Monte Carlo in the Sierra! Villagra has always been very consistent. I think if the Munchi's team invested more on the car he would have been a better customer driver.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    In recent years I'd say Atkinson... his performance with Subaru were very good, but unfortunately he didn't manage to find a seat when Subaru pulled out.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Jean Ragnotti. Very big driver imho,but his marriage with Renault didn t let him to show us more of his talent.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206
    In recent years I'd say Atkinson... his performance with Subaru were very good, but unfortunately he didn't manage to find a seat when Subaru pulled out.
    Atko is another, definetly deserves a seat in WRC!
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    I still don't understand Villagra's performance on the WRC. In Argentina and South America, he dominates, but I think that in the WRC he has a more safe approach.

Last week an Argentine website published that Rally Spain will be the Munchi's last rally, they won't be on WRC next year.

Rallynoticias.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    atkinson also comes to my mind first, as i said in another thread before: he was faster then solberg in the last subaru years.