Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Here's the thing though , Big .
    Dumping on Hamilton can be easily achieved in the "Haminton" thread .

We're trying to look at a larger issue here . Can they see well enough to drive these contraptions ?
    The so called visibility issues should have been picked up during pre-season testing, not 13 races into the season.

" A bullsh!t excuse" is the term that comes to my mind
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Not really sure but is there any real chance of having a camera system seems like having to look down to much while racing and also the beeping system mentioned above also would be hard to hear above radio chat and the engine noise.
    I can see problems with camera systems, screen glare etc. If you have ever tried to look at a tv or monitor outside on a sunny day you will know what I mean.

I started a thread on this very subject last year suggesting that Tactors activated by a close proximity radar system to effectively 'feel' the other cars location and distance (by tactor vibration strength) a variation of the tactors system currently being developed for helicopter pilots... as a possible solution.

See http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...hlight=tactors

Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    My thought is that mirrors just need to be bigger and fixed in a way so they don't much in isolation of the cars own movements i.e flapping around.
    I think having a generic FIA spec mirror of a reasonable size and with an anti-vibration damped mounting compulsary for all teams as being the most sensible answer. No need to go high-tech when an already existing solution just needs to be made mandatory
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    The so called visibility issues should have been picked up during pre-season testing, not 13 races into the season.

" A bullsh!t excuse" is the term that comes to my mind
    I suppose you could say to Lewis that if he sits that low in the car , he doesn't have the right to say he can't see very well , at least in relation to others .
    But , this is more about the larger issue , that none of them can see very well , or , much better than "low" Lewis .

And , I suppose you could say that he has little right to use the excuse of not being able to see Massa behind , if he already knew the mirrors were useless .
    But , although I didn't hear anyone else complaining about this issue , I also didn't hear anyone expressing surprise at the assertion , and this , I must assume at this point is because nobody was .
    It seems , therefore , that a wobbly mirror is standard issue up and down the pitlane .

When they were morphing into aero devices , and getting smaller , they were put back on the sidepods , and mandated for size .
    Now they are useless again , what do you think they should do ?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    I can see problems with camera systems, screen glare etc. If you have ever tried to look at a tv or monitor outside on a sunny day you will know what I mean.

I started a thread on this very subject last year suggesting that Tactors activated by a close proximity radar system to effectively 'feel' the other cars location and distance (by tactor vibration strength) a variation of the tactors system currently being developed for helicopter pilots... as a possible solution.

See http://www.motorsportforums.com/show...hlight=tactors

I think having a generic FIA spec mirror of a reasonable size and with an anti-vibration damped mounting compulsary for all teams as being the most sensible answer. No need to go high-tech when an already existing solution just needs to be made mandatory
    Anti-vibration damping would solve the mirror issue , it would seem .
    That's a simple answer .

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Some thoughts on the visibility issue and Hamilton/Massa @ Suzuka:

1. Here is about the best incar cam vid i've seen so far. I realize that it is not full speed, yet nobody else has an issue with blurry, vibrating mirrors other than Hamilton. Ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=m3DY7HIjXMc

2. If visibility really were an issue, why is nobody talking about it? Engineers, GPDA, etc.,...? Answer: No issue

3. While watching DiGrassi's view, you always have a clear view of his rear tires (peripheral vision, anyone?). The guys are highly alert to senses like that, unlike us.

4. Hamilton (or, any driver) is always aware of who's behind him and about where they are, especially when he's now slowing due to a puncture and Massa's still full speed. He's been dishonest before. You can see how he hates being passed, but now Massa's about to do it?
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    what do you think they should do ?
    They should develop a mirror system that works. No point pouring hundreds of millions of Dollars into going faster if you are going to crash all the time because you skimped on the mirrors/visibility. They should use their world class facilities to sort out the issue.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    2. If visibility really were an issue, why is nobody talking about it? Engineers, GPDA, etc.,...? Answer: No issue
    2003 (prior to the introduction of higher cockpit sides) - "...he had severely restricted view because of a sizeable blind spot either side of him, which is common to all F1 cars" Link

It is often talked about and has been for a long time, and it's a situation made worse by the higher cockpit sides. Sebastian Vettel was the last driver I remember mentioning it at the Japanese GP (link).
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Learn a little about F1, useful post! I love F1, but never join it, just take attention to F1
    Car Rear View Cameramake your trip more fun