Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

H&N requirements for British club racing

Here in the USA, our governing body(SCCA) is requiring the use of Head and Neck devices in order to race. THe only problem is that the only device they sanction is the HANS> would someone be able to help me with the requirements for club racing in GB,Ireland and Scotland?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Suppose it depends what level of event you're competin in...and what discipline. In the sprinting/hillclimbing that I do (similar to autotests in the US) HANS devices aren't used at any level as far as I'm aware...in fact mandatory gloves was a rule only introduced in the 2010 season.

Just turfed out my copy of the blue book (as linked above). According to the helmet part of the competitor safety section (K10 pg164) Item 10/4 says:
    Quote Originally Posted by MSA
    It is permitted to incorporate the use of an FIA approved HR Device fitted in accordance with FIA regulations
    I'm assuming that HR means head restraint. Anyway there's nothing that appears to specify it, most of the helmet section is about caring for helmets and being aware of how they can be damaged internally.

As I said before, there may be further rules depending on what discipline you're competing in
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.