Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Its really difficult to say who's "over rated" - Someone who is supposed to be good but actually isn't. The trouble is, we know who the big 5 are in WRC, we know who the middle of the pack are, and, er...
    To be brutally honest (as much as I dont want to say it), maybe Ostberg. He was lightening fast in sweden, and he got a seat in a WRC car to aim for podiums, but weve waited and waited(since sweden), but a podium never hapenned. So maybe we've over rated Mads a bit.

I must also say, I think he is full of potential, and with more experience under the belt, in the future he could be competing with paddon and hanninen for the drivers championship.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    Personally, I believe its a tad churlish to say Hirvonen is the most 'overrated' driver. People seem to have very short memories, it wasn't long ago he was pushing Loeb every inch of the way on gravel, regularly beating him in fact. Having said that however, I believe his decline as a driver can be traced to that massive shunt on his favourite corner on Rally Finland last season(?), which appears to have dented his confidence to take that last tenth over the edge that the top drivers have to have. I realise he's never going to beat the Sebs on tarmac though.

Also, some above mentions Guy Wilks...how is he over-rated? He's proved his pace at UK National level, and has been competitive in the IRC when in a good car. No-one has ever said he's a world beater, so how is he over-rated?

The most over-rated driver at the moment? I don't think anyone in the WRC is 'over-rated' by anyone who possesses an ounce of common sense. As Greg says in post #2, everyone is a known quantity so by definition, can't be over-rated....
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
    Personally, I believe its a tad churlish to say Hirvonen is the most 'overrated' driver. People seem to have very short memories, it wasn't long ago he was pushing Loeb every inch of the way on gravel, regularly beating him in fact. Having said that however, I believe his decline as a driver can be traced to that massive shunt on his favourite corner on Rally Finland last season(?), which appears to have dented his confidence to take that last tenth over the edge that the top drivers have to have. I realise he's never going to beat the Sebs on tarmac though.

Also, some above mentions Guy Wilks...how is he over-rated? He's proved his pace at UK National level, and has been competitive in the IRC when in a good car. No-one has ever said he's a world beater, so how is he over-rated?

The most over-rated driver at the moment? I don't think anyone in the WRC is 'over-rated' by anyone who possesses an ounce of common sense. As Greg says in post #2, everyone is a known quantity so by definition, can't be over-rated....
    Agree with this, although I think his loss of pace happened before rally finland last year, maybe the crash in mexico?
    Marcus gronholm after he took his first title says it wore him out mentally, which is why he couldnt take the title the following season, but he was back the year after to claim his title
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    its funny how people consider clowns like Block, Rossi, Kimi ects RALLY DRIVERS.

And that is the problem with the sport, there is no filter, any rich boy can jump in and be considered a rally driver....

go on with the thread now.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    its funny how people consider clowns like Block, Rossi, Kimi ects RALLY DRIVERS.

And that is the problem with the sport, there is no filter, any rich boy can jump in and be considered a rally driver....

go on with the thread now.

In the weeks leading upto, and during Rally Mexico 2010, you said that drivers like Kimi and Block, were 'legend ambassadors of the human race', can you tell me why?

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    not easy to say...
    don't know about the MOST overrated but, among fans, I saw many who, in my opinion, overrated a bit Francois Duval... he had the speed, but he had way too many crashes...
    among non-fans, obviously Ken Block... many people think that he is a WRC champion or something like that, and when you say to them that he is way off the pace of the top drivers, they say that he needs time to learn and in a couple of years he will be champion

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    In the weeks leading upto, and during Rally Mexico 2010, you said that drivers like Kimi and Block, were 'legend ambassadors of the human race', can you tell me why?
    when you become 18....

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cara lishman
    chris butterworth is a pedo
    ???????

친애하는 지도자
    Langdale do you have some kind of mental disability ? or are you 12 ?

Stop quoting spammers....

Bender chopping