Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

2011 Bathurst 1000

Lowndes & Skaifey odds on favourites considering the how they won the L&H 500 from pit lane!

Heart wants The Gizz to win, head says Triple 8.

Would love to see Gizzy & Matt Jackson team up in an enduro.

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    I reall want Skaife to win again, but as you know its Bathurst, so anything can happen!!

Hear about the tyre stuff up? One set of wets was 4 seconds quicker than the other set, pretty embarrasing for the sport

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Practice on Thursday was rather a pointless affair. Tim Slade, Shane van Gisbergen and James Moffatt topped the timesheets for P1, Steven Richards restored normal order in P2 and P3 was wiped out due to fog.

P4 this morning was McConville, Skaife and Richards. McConville's time this morning was 2m09.8 which was easily 15 seconds faster than the beginning of the session.

P5 which is on now currently reads: Whincup, Tander, Caruso, Winterbottom, Murphy. Whincup is the only driver of the weekend to head into 2m08s
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Practice on Thursday was rather a pointless affair. Tim Slade, Shane van Gisbergen and James Moffatt topped the timesheets for P1, Steven Richards restored normal order in P2 and P3 was wiped out due to fog.

P4 this morning was McConville, Skaife and Richards. McConville's time this morning was 2m09.8 which was easily 15 seconds faster than the beginning of the session.

P5 which is on now currently reads: Whincup, Tander, Caruso, Winterbottom, Murphy. Whincup is the only driver of the weekend to head into 2m08s
    I really don't know why Dickie emloyed James Moffatt, I don't rate him at all..

Looks like they're getting quicker now, van Gis into the 7's and Whincup into the wall at forest elbow.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Tander's topped the timesheets with Frosty, Whincup, Reynolds and Murphy in at 5.

Larry Perkins isn't quite the tool he used to be out the back of the garages, he actually seems to be quite happy and chatting to people and Grant Denyer was over in one of the VIP tents with someone who looked like David Koch... maybe it was I don't know.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Tander's topped the timesheets with Frosty, Whincup, Reynolds and Murphy in at 5.

Larry Perkins isn't quite the tool he used to be out the back of the garages, he actually seems to be quite happy and chatting to people and Grant Denyer was over in one of the VIP tents with someone who looked like David Koch... maybe it was I don't know.
    Probably was Kochie lol.

From what I saw, seems to be some heat between Tander/HRT and the 888 guys

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    I really don't know why Dickie emloyed James Moffatt, I don't rate him at all..

Looks like they're getting quicker now, van Gis into the 7's and Whincup into the wall at forest elbow.
    I would guess David Besnard is unlikely to step into another DJR Falcon anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi
    I would guess David Besnard is unlikely to step into another DJR Falcon anytime soon.
    Yeah lucky that no one was hurt, have to pump the pedal to keep the pads up!!

Will be good when the car of the future is introduced, the fuel cell will be removed from the rear of the car afaik

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Yeah lucky that no one was hurt, have to pump the pedal to keep the pads up!!

Will be good when the car of the future is introduced, the fuel cell will be removed from the rear of the car afaik
    Barbagello and now Bathurst. Seems those revisions can't come soon enough.

Well done Tander, Percat & HRT. Great finish after 6 hours.