Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exciting '11 drivers battle.

This is the first time I'm interested in watching WRC again since Hirvonen lost the championship in '09. Three championship contenders!

Will it be a case like Kimi in 07 where Mikko drives cool and takes the win while the two Citroen boys battle it out and makes mistakes?

Will Ogier follow teams order and support Loeb or go for glory?

If Loeb wins, what new motorsport discipline will be trying out?

Will this see an emergence of Mini capable of fighting for the victory and open up a wider battle for '12?

I must say this is good timing as F1 has been dull lately. I think Ogier should go for it, Citroen and Loeb won't be happy, but we'll get to see Loeb again in '12 if he doesn't win for the 8th time. Though I have my finger crossed for Hirvonen.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Loeb will be in WRC in 2012 and 2013 with Citroen, regardless if he wins the title or not.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    stick to F1...

do not try and integrate the mentality those girls at F1 have with Rallying because the result is threads like this....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope Ogier wins this year but also I am hoping Citroen does not intervene in his battle with Loeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Loeb got a real challenge now, it will be interesting to see how he will cope. In Spain he needs to at least get into next position behind Ogier;

If the Sebs are in adjacent positions at end of leg 3, team orders will put Loeb first, as he will have most points to beat Mikko. Ogier-Sordo-Loeb however, would be an interesting position. It would leave Ogier/Loeb with 218/211 points, where a swap will not be justified.

It's really a smack in the face to have a gravel day as first leg of a tarmac rally, with current starting orders.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bretddog
    Loeb got a real challenge now, it will be interesting to see how he will cope. In Spain he needs to at least get into next position behind Ogier;

If the Sebs are in adjacent positions at end of leg 3, team orders will put Loeb first, as he will have most points to beat Mikko. Ogier-Sordo-Loeb however, would be an interesting position. It would leave Ogier/Loeb with 218/211 points, where a swap will not be justified.

It's really a smack in the face to have a gravel day as first leg of a tarmac rally, with current starting orders.
    I predict JML having to give Mikko a place again for the 3rd event running. Jari-Matti has shown he is extremely good at mixed surfaces on gravel tyres so I'd take him to be in the first 2 on Friday. After that Mikko will be driving for a finish and hope the Sebs knock each other out. I think he'll be disappointed
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Latvala is very good when he has the braking points of the guys infront as a mark...when he has to create them he doesn;t cope well....we will see.

Catalunya is a very demanding event....i doubt it will go down to who is the fastest.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Catalunya is a very demanding event....i doubt it will go down to who is the fastest.
    I also don t think it,i expect Loeb to don t attack at maximum,be in front of Hirvonen,and if the gaps allow it, a swap with Ogier if he is in front of Loeb.
    Now seems that Ogier have accept the no2 role ,is not difficult scenario.
    Loeb just needs to finish both rallies,and to have a reliable car.There is no matter of speed against Mikko.
    Big part in this game will be the weather in England.

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    I also don t think it,i expect Loeb to don t attack at maximum,be in front of Hirvonen,and if the gaps allow it, a swap with Ogier if he is in front of Loeb.
    Now seems that Ogier have accept the no2 role ,is not difficult scenario.
    Loeb just needs to finish both rallies,and to have a reliable car.There is no matter of speed against Mikko.
    Big part in this game will be the weather in England.
    Who cares about the weather in England? The Rally is in Wales .....and no, the weather won't be the same in both!!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    Who cares about the weather in England? The Rally is in Wales .....and no, the weather won't be the same in both!!
    lol my bad Doon.That i d like to mention is that in muddy surface Mikko could be a threat to Loeb.