Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, very disappointing. Danica definitely made the right choice.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Katz
    I think there's been quite a lot of good news stories this season - with all of the arbitrary penalties aside (and the tracks with visible seats looking quite empty, especially last night) - car count is well up on what I expected, and most of the additional cars aren't just Duno-esque drivers, they're actual good drivers trying to get a full time shot in the series. But I can't really take this schedule as anything other than bad news. It's too short and, even for someone who prefers road courses in most cases, there aren't enough ovals. I'm just wondering what the overall finances of IndyCar are like for them to announce a season like this. Ignoring F1 and its feeders, all open-wheel series have had a bad time in the last few years...
    I suspect Indycar is like many other businesses - alarmingly close to the edge with little to no cash reserves to fall back on..... On the bright side, that situation tends to sharpen ones management skills. On the minus side, it is nearly impossible to move forward without a good amount of plain old good luck (or perhaps more importantly, without BAD luck).....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From what I've heard, many of the tracks, particularly ovals are having a hard time finding sponsors to pay the sanctioning fee. Street races have a better chance of finding presenting sponsors just because they are right in the middle of urban areas and populations that want to party no matter who's racing. Road courses are in the same boat. I think RA told IC to take a hike unless they made the sanctioning fee more palatable (and RA is scrambling to find a sponsor for the NASCAR Nationwide too after Bucyrus sold to CAT). Randy has even been mumbling about making the IC company into it's own promoter like he did with PBR. With that model he never had to argue with promoters, because he WAS the promoter. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
    life is always a crisis, for without crisis, there would be no excitement to life.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Booger is right on IMO....

Which is why Vegas scares the he'll put me... If they pull a small crowd 2012 might be a very very rOugh year
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahFan
    Booger is right on IMO....

Which is why Vegas scares the he'll put me... If they pull a small crowd 2012 might be a very very rOugh year
    The people at the Vegas track didn't have a problem getting a sponsor to pay the sanctioning fee....because they didn't have to pay any. Vegas is a Track rental with the ICS in charge of promotion and marketing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Please keep in mind this schedule is not confirmed. This is speculation based on RM's conversations with Randy Bernard. While most of it is accurate, the 2012 schedule will be released over the Las Vegas weekend.
    The Other Side - "2011 Silly Season Update" Dec 17/2010
    Bookmark Us!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I expect Kentucky and New Hampshire to stay honestly. If that happens, then I like the schedule.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher180
    Worst schedule I've ever seen. Bring back Charlotte, Chicagoland and Kentucky and it's perfect.
    Charlotte is not happening. Not after those spectators died.

Atlanta and Rockingham, NC would be more likely.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Charlotte is not happening. Not after those spectators died.
    I agree with you but why don't the say the same about Michigan? Michigan had races after the three fans were killed in 1998.
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The awaited schedule announcement didn't happen yesterday. Some say it is because Chicagoland is back in play, and Tsingtao is only 90 percent. Kentucky and New Hampshire announced their 2012 schedules yesterday, and both tracks explicitily stated no IndyCar in 2012. The following 15 dates have been confirmed by press releases, news conferences or the track's website.

Mar 25 Streets of St. Petersburg
    Apr 1 Barber Motorsports Park
    Apr 15 Streets of Long Beach
    Apr 29 Streets of Sao Paulo
    May 27 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    Jun 3 The Raceway on Belle Isle
    Jun 9 Texas Motor Speedway
    Jun 23 Iowa Speedway
    Jul 8 Streets of Toronto
    Jul 22 Edmonton City Centre Airport
    Aug 5 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
    Aug 26 Infineon Raceway
    Sep 2 Streets of Baltimore
    Sep 15 Auto Club Speedway
    Oct 14 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”