Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

11-5: The 2012 schedule

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bernard had discussed having a doubleheader at Iowa on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

“The promoters at Iowa loved the idea but our car owners didn't like it,"' he explained. “I don't understand it, it would have saved the teams a lot of money.''

Geez.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they could get one more oval for next year, that would be perfect IMO......
    :champion:car Continuing since 1909
    http://www.youtube.com/user/champcar4ever

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ditch China and replace with Homestead/Phoenix/Michigan/Loudon/Chicago/Kentucky....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, at least it appears to be the "real deal" instead of putting races on the schedule that are not going to happen....

It does appear as though Indycar needs to grow some relative to dealing with the car owners - While I am not sure a two day double header makes much sense, if Randy wants to give it a try he should - the owners might have had a valid point about the aero kits - but this is just nit-picking and posturing for power.....

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Not a bad schedule but I would like a couple more ovals.
    Kyle Busch #18 M&M's Toyota Camry
    Dario Franchitti #10 Target Honda Dallara DW12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite9185
    Ditch China and replace with Homestead/Phoenix/Michigan/Loudon/Chicago/Kentucky....
    Did you read the article in the opening post? Let's go by those tracks one by one.

Homestead: Year after year, no crowds showed up at that track. I don't understand the thought process that if we go back, the crowds will come this time. Go back and it will be in front of rows of aluminum again.

Michigan: Another track that was once great for open wheel, the crowds stopped showing up. ISC track, so they are not going to pay and promote the race. It will need a sponsor to have a chance at coming back.

London, Kentucky, and Chicago. All need a title sponsor to come back. Crowds have ranged recently from mediocre to lousy. Tough sell.

Saved Phoenix for last as it was my home track. I grew up there and attended at least 12 or more IndyCar races there during the CART years. The last good crowd there for an IndyCar race was '95. After the split, the crowds left in droves and was a ghost town for the IRL. It's now NASCAR country and, from what I've heard, they have changed the track for next year to better suit NASCAR. If IndyCar goes there, I think they will get the same kind of turnout that Milwaukee and Loudon got. Or what Fontana will get next year. The spring date that CART used to use is for Nascar now. And they also have a fall date. Summer dates are out, so when you add it all up, this track is a loser for IndyCar. Or IndyCar is a loser for this track, depends on how you look at it.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Worst schedule I've ever seen. Bring back Charlotte, Chicagoland and Kentucky and it's perfect.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DBell
    Did you read the article in the opening post? Let's go by those tracks one by one.

Homestead: Year after year, no crowds showed up at that track. I don't understand the thought process that if we go back, the crowds will come this time. Go back and it will be in front of rows of aluminum again.

Michigan: Another track that was once great for open wheel, the crowds stopped showing up. ISC track, so they are not going to pay and promote the race. It will need a sponsor to have a chance at coming back.

London, Kentucky, and Chicago. All need a title sponsor to come back. Crowds have ranged recently from mediocre to lousy. Tough sell.

Saved Phoenix for last as it was my home track. I grew up there and attended at least 12 or more IndyCar races there during the CART years. The last good crowd there for an IndyCar race was '95. After the split, the crowds left in droves and was a ghost town for the IRL. It's now NASCAR country and, from what I've heard, they have changed the track for next year to better suit NASCAR. If IndyCar goes there, I think they will get the same kind of turnout that Milwaukee and Loudon got. Or what Fontana will get next year. The spring date that CART used to use is for Nascar now. And they also have a fall date. Summer dates are out, so when you add it all up, this track is a loser for IndyCar. Or IndyCar is a loser for this track, depends on how you look at it.
    Yeah i know it won't happen - should of stated, that it was just personal choice.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is the first year since I started following Indycar where Im not even the least bit excited or anticipating the next year's schedule. Way too many road courses, not enough ovals, and lastly but no Danica in the series.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion