Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any news on the 2012 schedule?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2IA
    Any news on the 2012 schedule?
    There are doubts about Baltimore (financial issues) and Las Vegas (safety issues). Randy Bernard is thought to be working on a Vegas street race to replace LVMS. He might also have reached out to ISC for more ovals. No word on China. The schedule is in a flux...
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Indycool once told me series couldn't survive if it hadn't solidified it's schedule by the end of august ... Teams could prepare a budget for the upcoming season.... And that corporate dollars were no longer available for sponsorship at this late date

He wad right .... Twice
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    15 races with 2 ovals and one rectangle.
    CART had 17 races 5 ovals and 1 rectangle when someone decided to fix everything
    texas isn't signed and probably won't be.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Schedule update 10/11/11

Mar 25 Streets of St. Petersburg Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg - Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg
    Apr 1 Barber Motorsports Park Home | Barber Motorsports Park
    Apr 15 Streets of Long Beach Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, Street Racing, Concerts, Festival, Family Entertainment
    Apr 29 Streets of Sao Paulo http://www.band.com.br/esporte/veloc...d=100000458386
    May 27 Indianapolis Motor Speedway Indianapolis 500 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
    Jun 3 The Raceway on Belle Isle Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix
    Jun 9 Texas Motor Speedway* NASCAR and IndyCar Season Tickets
    Jun 23 Iowa Speedway Iowa Speedway: IZOD IndyCar Series: Iowa Entertainment, Events, Racing, Concerts
    Jul 8 Streets of Toronto Honda Indy Toronto - Honda Indy Toronto
    Jul 22 Edmonton City Centre Airport Edmonton Indy
    Aug 5 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course**
    Aug 19 Streets of Qingdao Ni hao, Qingdao - IndyCar.com
    Aug 26 Infineon Raceway* Indy® Grand Prix of Sonoma | Tickets | Infineon Raceway
    Sep 2 Streets of Baltimore*** Baltimore Grand Prix
    Sep 15 Auto Club Speedway INDYCAR Weekend - Auto Club Speedway
    Oct 14 Las Vegas Motor Speedway**** 2012 Truck IndyCar Wknd | Speedway | Las Vegas Motor Speedway

* Tickets on sale, no official confirmation on 2012 sanctioning agreement.
    ** ALMS date announced, no official confirmation on IndyCar agreement.
    *** Pending financial issues.
    **** Agreement through 2014, pending safety investigation.
    “It used to be about trying to do something. Now it’s about trying to be someone.”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Krogshöj
    Aug 5 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course**
    Aug 19 Streets of Qingdao Ni hao, Qingdao - IndyCar.com
    Aug 26 Infineon Raceway* Indy® Grand Prix of Sonoma | Tickets | Infineon Raceway
    Sep 2 Streets of Baltimore*** Baltimore Grand Prix
    Sep 15 Auto Club Speedway INDYCAR Weekend - Auto Club Speedway
    Oct 14 Las Vegas Motor Speedway**** 2012 Truck IndyCar Wknd | Speedway | Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    It's going to be hell for the teams to go from China to Sonoma and to Baltimore in three consecutive weeks. I don't understand why they don't have the China race scheduled for September 30th. I figure that they're leaving that gap from Fontana to Las Vegas open for a "rent-a-track" race (Kentucky, Phoenix, etc.) to be placed there, but they could've easily put the China race in the September 30th slot and put the "rent-a-track" race in August before Sonoma (Kentucky/Phoenix could be a night race).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWS
    It's going to be hell for the teams to go from China to Sonoma and to Baltimore in three consecutive weeks. I don't understand why they don't have the China race scheduled for September 30th. I figure that they're leaving that gap from Fontana to Las Vegas open for a "rent-a-track" race (Kentucky, Phoenix, etc.) to be placed there, but they could've easily put the China race in the September 30th slot and put the "rent-a-track" race in August before Sonoma (Kentucky/Phoenix could be a night race).
    Maybe it's because f1 is in Asia the same weekend (Singapore) and they don't want to be in f1's shadow when they race there!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWS
    CART used to schedule West Coast races back-to-back with Pacific Rim dates. Long Beach used to follow Motegi while Fontana used to be on the weekend after Surfers Paradise. I guess they'll fly from China straight to California, where the trucks will be waiting for them, and then they'll cross the country to Baltimore, if that event happens.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Maybe it's because f1 is in Asia the same weekend (Singapore) and they don't want to be in f1's shadow when they race there!
    Formula 1

The 2012 F1 calendar as of now has the Singapore Grand Prix scheduled for September 23rd. I was suggesting that IndyCar have their China race on September 30th. I understand what you're saying in regards to IndyCar not wanting to be in F1's shadow when they make their trip to China, but I think it makes a lot more sense logistically for IndyCar to have the China race on September 30th rather than August 19th, a week before going to Sonoma and then going to Baltimore the week after. For the August to October stretch of the calendar, I would recommend for IndyCar to do this:

August 5 - Lexington, Ohio
    August 19 - Sonoma, California
    September 2 - Baltimore, Maryland
    September 15 - Fontana, California
    September 30 - Qingdao, China
    October 14 - Las Vegas, Nevada

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Maybe they don't expect Baltimore to make it in 2012?