Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoed Brits

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It's along the lines of cars with bodykit. The owner thinks it makes them look cool, but actually it makes them look like a total tool.
    When you are younger, you can toy with things like that. About ten years ago I was seriously thinking about having my girlfriend's name tattoed on my hip. Needless to say, if I practically implemented that idea my current wife who is not identical with that girlfriend, would be less than happy seeing it every now and then.

It is now fairly common among teens and tweens in Belarus to have tattoos, but it was still surprising to see so many middle age and middle class (well, maybe lower middle class) looking guys from one country turn up in force and sport their tattoos.
    Llibertat

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I'm from the UK, aged 36 and dont have any tats, just dont get what's so 'cool' about it, I find them quite tacky personally. Im studying Aero Engineering at college at the moment and there are quite a few of the younger student classmates with them, one of the girls even has a 'tramp stamp' (A tat on the small of your back).

Not for me but each to their own, as they say...
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    But, presumably, you also believe that people should be free to spend their money however they wish?
    Well, that depends upon whether or not the tattoo wearer is working for a living or claiming benefits.

If they've earned their money then yes, they can do with it whatever they want. If they are on benefits, I am of the opinion that fags, booze, tattoos etc should be off limits.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Well, that depends upon whether or not the tattoo wearer is working for a living or claiming benefits.

If they've earned their money then yes, they can do with it whatever they want. If they are on benefits, I am of the opinion that fags, booze, tattoos etc should be off limits.
    Steady on, that sounds a bit too normal a thought for in here, you'll upset the chattering classes Guardian reading lentil munching pube knitting lesbians

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolton Midnight
    you'll upset the chattering classes Guardian reading lentil munching pube knitting lesbians
    Are you Red Ken in disguise perchance?

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Are you Red Ken in disguise perchance?
    Is it that obvious?

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    I once knew a Brit Girl that had tattoos of Paul McCartney and John Lennon on each upper thigh. To verify the tattoos they pulled a drunk off the street and asked him what he saw. He said the one on the left looks like Paul McCartney, the one on the right looks like John Lennon and the one in the middle looks like Willie Nelson.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    I once knew a Brit Girl that had tattoos of Paul McCartney and John Lennon on each upper thigh. To verify the tattoos they pulled a drunk off the street and asked him what he saw. He said the one on the left looks like Paul McCartney, the one on the right looks like John Lennon and the one in the middle looks like Willie Nelson.
    That reminds of the politician caught for sexual harrassment - when questioned, he said "I neither touched her left leg nor her right leg, just somewhere in the middle"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It's along the lines of cars with bodykit. The owner thinks it makes them look cool, but actually it makes them look like a total tool.
    Depends on the tattoo or bodykit
    Crap bodykit:

Decent bodykit:

Crap tattoo:

Decent tattoo:

It depends on the design, and what it is on etc
    I don't have any tattoos yet, because I'd probably regret them very quickly
    Oh, and tattoos on cars (and mid 90's toyota vans) look ****e