Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ...what about broadcasting like the Fia GT1 World Championship does with DailyMotion? No "crashes", good video quality!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorsportfun
    ...what about broadcasting like the Fia GT1 World Championship does with DailyMotion? No "crashes", good video quality!
    I did wonder about that, same as Blancpain Endurance series. Or what about YouTube on the wrc.com channel??

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    For all who doesn't know that, it's something like this video: Dailymotion - GT1 Championship Race from Beijing Watch Again - une vidéo Auto et Moto

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Audi & Peugeot show the LMS/Le Mans races live on their own websites. Something that Ford, Citroen & Mini could do???

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Audi & Peugeot show the LMS/Le Mans races live on their own websites. Something that Ford, Citroen & Mini could do???
    It's much more expensive to broadcast in that way. IMHO Dailymotion (or, better choice, YouTube) would be a live streaming more "viral" than developing an own website

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Using WRC.com is good idea. all their sponsors are there and they do not depend on any other programs. Eurosport has a good server base and it does not happen too frequently that their coverage is down. It is because they are specialized to broadcast events over the internet. I am not too good in IT but as far as i have understood the main problem is the location of their servers. To my knowledge, to give good quality all over the world you need to spread your servers accordingly. One to Nordic countries, one to western Europe and one to central, one to Asia and one to US probably. Then those servers connect to main server and I as Nordic user am going to connect with Nordic server. Then we can spread the load of those servers geographically. Idea is basically simple, but it costs a lot to establish and costs little more to maintain servers in many locations all around the word. But it should fix the current problems pretty easily.
    Sorry, but my knowledge on IT, especially servers is not too good :-)
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    ^^

That's interesting...

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Will be interesting on how the actual coverage is handled. The amount of talking heads on camera or lack of them. Does this mean that Colin Clarke will have to prove he has a face fit for live TV? Will Becs get a formal studio to broadcast out of, to look nice on camera or remain in whatever space they find for her?
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I think its pointless to do any comments until we see what is on offer...I hope they focus more on the event rather than in service interviews.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    +1