Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    That's could've been the case yesterday before the puncture, but today - there should not have been any pressure from Ott to Juho, that game was over. Has there been any video on Juho's crash? I think the pressure could come inside the team. Still - this is rallying and anything can happen whether driving on or off attack.
    And Juho was pushing like hell.
    Interesting, but both of the guys have made mistakes pushing each-other over the limit. I quite like this proper rallying attitude from both of them. I have enjoyed this SWRC edition a lot, thanks to Juho and Ott. Let the best man win in Catalunya!

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    On MTV3.fi Juho comments that he missed a breaking point a bit, slid wide into a ditch. There would've been enough spectators to pull him out, but suspension arm was broken, so no point. Small but costly error and damage. He will restart tomorrow and collect the few points that are possible.

It is true in fact about their approach to competition. After Rally Finland Juho commented that on Friday stages everytime he started a stage, he thought he had 50% chance to reach the finish, that was the level of commitment.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Is it decided in Catalunya and that is good for the rally. Hopefully both drivers are able to drive without the punctures and mechanical problems and the faster driver there will take the SWRC title. Ott has definetely showed his skills and surely Hänninen has been a little bit surprised about his speed...
    Almost everything about World Rallying
    Rally Paradise
    http://drive.to/rally

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I don't know the answer for the question in the thread but I do know that Tänak is scaringly fast, already with limited experience.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i had interesting experience last weekend on Saaremaa Rally (Ott drove there with 2003 Focus WRC) where he took on city stage one particular corner (which i use on my way home every day) with such a speed which i thought to be impossible by laws of physics. After him everybody else were like tourists, even 2nd place guy with 2007 Focus - and then he told to rally radio that he is just having relaxed race for fun, not taking any kind of risks and "just glad to be home" (btw he did beat this next guy more than 1 sec/km). It doesnt mean anything of course about his possibilities regarding Juho, but it strengthens my impression in him as terribly talented guy who can drive different car on different weekends and still be lightning-fast in almost everything with four wheels.
    :)

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubla
    i had interesting experience last weekend on Saaremaa Rally (Ott drove there with 2003 Focus WRC) where he took on city stage one particular corner (which i use on my way home every day) with such a speed which i thought to be impossible by laws of physics. After him everybody else were like tourists, even 2nd place guy with 2007 Focus - and then he told to rally radio that he is just having relaxed race for fun, not taking any kind of risks and "just glad to be home" (btw he did beat this next guy more than 1 sec/km). It doesnt mean anything of course about his possibilities regarding Juho, but it strengthens my impression in him as terribly talented guy who can drive different car on different weekends and still be lightning-fast in almost everything with four wheels.
    Thanks for the insight, I started this thread because I couldn't decide who to pick for the SWRC French round in an internet Fantasy Rally competition. I made the wrong choice, thinking that lightning wouldn't strike twice and that Juho would surely handle the pressure better than Ott - Wrong! Anyway, I expect Ott to take the title in Spain but because of the coefficient rate in the Fantasy competition Breen finishing 3rd or 4th with 1 stage win will score more points than Juho or Ott winning with 10 stage wins ;-) While Juho has been to Catalunya with an Evo before I don't think that this makes much difference, Ott is able to drive anywhere at a speed that seems incredible. I really hope he gets the Stobart car for Rally GB, that would be interesting!!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    I really hope he gets the Stobart car for Rally GB, that would be interesting!!!
    I dont know if this is going to happen already in UK, but locals "know" that he has been promised Stobart ride for next year Local advance rumours have been right few times before...

Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rubla
    I dont know if this is going to happen already in UK, but locals "know" that he has been promised Stobart ride for next year Local advance rumours have been right few times before...
    It is clear that sooner or later he will sit in a world rally car. If that is already in season 2012 I hope all the maturity he has shown towards the end of this season will carry on in a turbo-charged car. Tänak Attack (=say that aloud three times) is the raw speed of this sport at the moment.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Regardless of this seasons final results, i believe also Juho moves on and i feel that Ott has very little to do in SWRC next year - unless by some miracle host of really fast guys join there. So moving on already 2012 might be bit too fast considering his experiences, but inevitable as staying in SWRC might be just year wasted. I quess it is really time to put PWRC and SWRC together, instead of diluting competition into different classes. As current WRC was developed on basis of S2000, i would say it is time to drop S2000 and continue with PWRC and WRC as 4WD classes.
    (Sry off-topic)