Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

Opinions please, does Hanninen have enough to beat Tanak in France

Given that Ott went very well in PWRC last year in France, does Juho have sufficient tarmac advantage to get a win? As far as I can see JH hasn't rallied in the Alsace before wheras Ott's notes from last year will still be very relevant
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    i think a new thread about it is pointless..you should have posted it in the official france thread.

The answer is No, but he will be close and he will win a few stages. Reason is that Fabia is better than the fiesta and Hanninen has a lot of experience on tarmac with the s2000.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i think a new thread about it is pointless..you should have posted it in the official france thread.

The answer is No, but he will be close and he will win a few stages. Reason is that Fabia is better than the fiesta and Hanninen has a lot of experience on tarmac with the s2000.
    Apologies, o great arbiter of allowable threads. It's just that I wanted a specific debate without getting lost among the in-car vid stage descriptions. Anyway thanks for your illuminating answer to the question ("No") "Does Hanninen have enough to beat Tanak in France?" because "Fabia is better than the fiesta and Hanninen has a lot of experience on tarmac with the s2000." Extrema profunda!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    ah indeed....i thought you asked the opposite...

but you have a funny perception (or none whatsoever) of rallying if you think that Ott will be the one to beat in France and hanninen will do the chasing....

can you imagine the fun we can have in here, if everyone who wants a bried comparison betwwen two drivers open a new thread ??

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    For sure Hänninen can defeat Tänak. However that doesn't mean he will. We have to wait and see.

I personally hope it is wet because Juho prefers wet asphalt.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek
    For sure Hänninen can defeat Tänak. However that doesn't mean he will. We have to wait and see.

How about dry weather but lots of mud from the cuts like last year? I don't see anyone else intervening in this fight - Prokop has looked some way behind this pair all season.
    BTW Weather forecast (Colmar) is: Friday - dry and warm, Saturday - mainly dry (10% rain chance) and warm, Sunday - Early fog, then the same as Saturday. Looks like Juho won't have favoured conditions

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    They are quite equal, but Juho has more tarmac experience. So I would say yes, Juho has what it takes to beat Tänak and vice-versa. It's down to lot of small things which can affect final result between those 2 drivers. We'll see.

Btw! Fabia nowadays is not clearly the best car as M-Sport has developed Fiesta in the right direction.

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek

It will be bone dry. Now it is dry and it will be dry during the event. So, no hope of cutting mud.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Juho is 18p ahead of Ott, so if Ott wins both France and Spain, it is enough for Hänninen to finish 2 and 3. He will be champion with 1p difference.
    Think about that!

My opinion is: Juho can beat Ott
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    How about dry weather but lots of mud from the cuts like last year? I don't see anyone else intervening in this fight - Prokop has looked some way behind this pair all season.
    BTW Weather forecast (Colmar) is: Friday - dry and warm, Saturday - mainly dry (10% rain chance) and warm, Sunday - Early fog, then the same as Saturday. Looks like Juho won't have favoured conditions
    No mud from cuts this year. Because cutting in not allowed in Rally France this year, I talked about it this summer in Mikko's tests with local French guys and there will be sticks etc. prohibiting all cutting.

Oh, and yes, Juho can beat Ott - actually quite easily I guess.
    Satakymppi, oikee yks