Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    If that's the case then this, and a different thread title, is all you needed:

Thanks for seeing the point. In retrospect my choice of title was stupid, but lets move on and actually talk about the content of the first post rather than the title which was purely meant to get people to look and which was also meant to be silly (as was the idea that Massa assaulted Lewis).
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Hence the 'lol' at the end of my very brief post.
    Sarcasm detection fail on my part evidently......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Daniel. You're obsessed.

Give it a rest. The only person making this forum tiresome is you.

All these silly, pointless threads lends me to think you've got some sort of crush on the poor man.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Daniel. You're obsessed.

All these silly, pointless threads lends me to think you've got some sort of crush on the poor man.
    The only reason I'm the one posting these threads is because I'm the only one who seems to be bothered about it enough to post a thread, others simply just don't post in here anymore. The fact that there are so few posts in the forum these days after what has been a rather exciting season so far suggests that a lot of people simply don't like being here.

Now it would be silly of me to say that none of it is my fault but I feel that it takes two (or more) to tango and I though perhaps it might be nice to have a thread where we agree that the way things are heading at the moment is only going to destroy the forum and force any sane person still left in here away.

Just a suggestion.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Daniel. You're obsessed.

I might add that there are those of us who feel certain people should stick to commenting on those forms of motorsport about which they are genuinely enthusiastic. This is not a reference to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    The only reason I'm the one posting these threads is because I'm the only one who seems to be bothered about it enough to post a thread, others simply just don't post in here anymore. The fact that there are so few posts in the forum these days after what has been a rather exciting season so far suggests that a lot of people simply don't like being here.
    Very true. In my case, I'm genuinely sorry to say you contribute to that.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Very true. In my case, I'm genuinely sorry to say you contribute to that.
    Happy to put my hand up and admit that.

But is the solution to get anyone who dares to criticise a driver and ban them all? Do you honestly think that for instance it would solve the problem to get iOan and myself and remove us from the forum and allow the somewhat questionable conclusions of others on here to go on unopposed? Does that actually solve the problem? You could for instance make the forum a haven for people who really like Lewis and don't want to see him criticised, but is that what we want? Is that what the forum should be?

This is meant to be a discussion forum and IMHO I think the way the forum goes along in some threads at the moment couldn't really be considered to be discussion.

It deeply annoys me that I stuck my head up above the parapet to try and perhaps make things a little better and I've been crapped on for it. Is it inconceivable that someone who is admittedly part of the problem might not be happy with the situation and want to do something about it?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    just another pointless Daniel Hamilton thread
    and for the record, it is threads like these that add to the acidic atmosphere of this forum that you so lament against

It's like the kid who throws the first punch, starts a brawl and then complains about the violence
    If you are truly disturbed by the general tone of this forum like I am, you would do what I do, which is to post less and try and ignore many threads
    ...not keep throwing flames and wondering why it is hot!
    It saddens me that you missed the rather obvious point, took a cheap shot at me and got 4 likes for it

To accuse me of being the root of all the issues on here misses the point by miles. As the old saying goes, it takes two to tango and if you look at the threads that get hot you'll see that the blame lies with both sides. But I'm more than happy to put my hand up and take some of the blame, I'm man enough to do that.

But hey if you want to **** on someone for trying to highlight the issues and do something about it then fine, if other people want to throw their support behind you for it then even better...... but it won't help make the post race threads any less confrontational and offputting for all those but the most stubborn of posters will it?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Happy to put my hand up and admit that.

But is the solution to get anyone who dares to criticise a driver and ban them all? Do you honestly think that for instance it would solve the problem to get iOan and myself and remove us from the forum and allow the somewhat questionable conclusions of others on here to go on unopposed? Does that actually solve the problem? You could for instance make the forum a haven for people who really like Lewis and don't want to see him criticised, but is that what we want? Is that what the forum should be?

This is meant to be a discussion forum and IMHO I think the way the forum goes along in some threads at the moment couldn't really be considered to be discussion.

It deeply annoys me that I stuck my head up above the parapet to try and perhaps make things a little better and I've been crapped on for it. Is it inconceivable that someone who is admittedly part of the problem might not be happy with the situation and want to do something about it?
    Put it this way — I know the true F1 enthusiasts on here, and am very happy to discuss the sport with them, no matter what their opinions are. Unfortunately, they tend to get shouted down by those who are absurdly, often childishly, vehement in their views one way or the other. That I find a shame.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Put it this way — I know the true F1 enthusiasts on here, and am very happy to discuss the sport with them, no matter what their opinions are. Unfortunately, they tend to get shouted down by those who are absurdly, often childishly, vehement in their views one way or the other. That I find a shame.
    I know what you're saying. I wasn't lucky enough to spend the whole of my life in a country where the vast majority of races are shown live and at a good time of the day so admittedly when it comes to talking about F1 in the 90's or even the 1st half of this decade then my knowledge is patchy or nonexistent in large parts. It seemed rather pointless to stay up to watch Formula 1 races which weren't even live and when you're a schoolkid it's sometimes just not practical. However when it came to the WRC it was on every sunday afternoon a week or two after the event and I watched most rallies and I'm happy to yammer on about the glory days of rallying in the 90's and into this decade. That's why when it comes to some of the more historic discussion I'll sit out because I simply don't have the knowledge.

But I've watched more or less every GP live since I moved here in mid-2006 and I feel that I can give a reasonably informed opinion on things and when it comes to drivers like Vettel or Hamilton, I have seen every race in their short careers so I feel able to pass comment on them.

I'm sure that helps to understand why I would happily have canopies on the cars and others who've been watching for 20-30 years plus wouldn't want to have them on.

Whilst I understand where you're coming from, I don't really see why not having watched as many GP's as others means I'm not as able to pass comment on GP's that I have seen.